Respected Contributor

I shop at both QVC and HSN, though they are not my major sources of purchases on line.  I am happy with the purchases I make at both places. 

So I am not sure who "us" are in the subject line.  I have never thought that QVC was going under. 

QVC is not any different from any other retailer.  Brick and mortar stores charge a premium because they pay a premium rent.  The Q has returrns and delivery charges, which is their version of "rent"--a huge cost of doing business as shipping costs rise.  (Just as rents do.)

I've never had the idea that retailers should not make their usual 40% profit.  If they don't make a reasonable profit they go into bankruptcy.

I have not assumed that the TV channels are not doing well financially.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

The q's parent company is purchasing.  I didn't believe q was doing bad.  I don't believe everything I read here.  Some posters are proud to say they don't shop at the q, yet they are loudest on the moaning threads.  One comment washes out the other.  It doesn't influence me either way.  I know what my experience has been with the q and go by that.

simply worth REPEATING @GCR18.

i cannot believe that the people that complain the most seem to be the ones that buy the least......or buy nothing at all.

i have actually spent MORE at qvc over the past year than any other year.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

If you look into what Liberty owns..........it will spin your head.    I wouldn't "worry" about the Q................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

We have all assumed that QVC wasn't doing well financially, figures down, etc. Meanwhile they quietly scraped together a few dollars and purchased HSN.

As we also b-tch and moan about the quality of products and boring programming, it doesn't add up. Enough of us are making purchases to fill the Q's pockets...and nicely, too.

So are these forums believable posts?

???? No, "we all" haven't assumed anything of the kind.

There is NO, and never will be a "we all" about anything to do with anything on this website includin the forums, let alone home shopping in general or QVC or HSN specifically.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

We have all assumed that QVC wasn't doing well financially, figures down, etc. Meanwhile they quietly scraped together a few dollars and purchased HSN.

As we also b-tch and moan about the quality of products and boring programming, it doesn't add up. Enough of us are making purchases to fill the Q's pockets...and nicely, too.

So are these forums believable posts?

@Shanus

Do you actually believe this .... or are you just trying to meet your quota for threads each day and ran out of ideas?

I didn't assume anything.  QVC didn't buy HSN, their parent company Liberty did.    

Lastly ....  what "joke" are you talking about?    Your thread really doesn't make a lot of sense.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624Woman LOL

Love !!!

Honored Contributor

Re: THE JOKE IS ON US

[ Edited ]

I just don't understand why some seem so invested in any companies financials!!  Most companies in retail regularly show declines in some areas consistently but some here think a small drop in sales in an area or two means QVC will go bankurpt any minute.  The profit is still great!  It's rather bizarre that some are still thinking QVC purchased HSN and can't understand that it was QVC's parent company (that owns many other companies) that purchased HSN!  I like both QVC and HSN and buy a lot from each of things I need and want.  If either changes to the point where I can no longer find what I need or want then there are plenty of other places to order from.  It's not like QVC and HSN are the only places to order from!!

Trusted Contributor

I personally don't do much assuming, but in particular not about QVC's financial situation or any other shopping channel. 

I have always been aware these forums and the people who participate in them are just a teeny, tiny fraction of QVC's multi billion dollar business. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are those who wait with baited breath for the financial reports to come out, because they are hoping that it will be the death bell for QVC.

They want QVC to go out of business, just so they could gleefully say, "See? I TOLD you QVC was in trouble!"

It's sick that they want a business to fail, just because they don't like that business.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have no clue about Q's financial stats but the one thing I often wonder is how they manage to stay competitive in business.  Often my TV is on QVC in the background and see something I might want and if I see something I want, I google Amazon and the same product is often at least the same price or cheaper.  Add to that - many times no charge for shipping or shipping is also cheaper.  I can say with almost certainty that almost every package I've ever received from Amazon is also delivered directly to my door but in much less time than packages from QVC so I often wonder why ppl still buy there??