Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Spurt knows alot about the financials of QVC. I wish she'd chime in with the actual facts from the quarterly reports of the company. The reports I just heard on NPR regarding the buy out of HSN is that BOTH companies have had pretty huge profit losses lately. I hadn't really thought much about it but it is what the news has reported. I don't really care one way or another (unless it would finally bring some true deals and discounts to qvc, like coupon codes or free shipping more often) and don't care enough to look further into it beyond what the news has reported. 

I had read/heard about profit losses also. That's why it seemed strange that Q stretched itself to 3 channels and HSN.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

We have all assumed that QVC wasn't doing well financially, figures down, etc. Meanwhile they quietly scraped together a few dollars and purchased HSN.

As we also b-tch and moan about the quality of products and boring programming, it doesn't add up. Enough of us are making purchases to fill the Q's pockets...and nicely, too.

So are these forums believable posts?

@Shanus

Do you actually believe this .... or are you just trying to meet your quota for threads each day and ran out of ideas?

I didn't assume anything.  QVC didn't buy HSN, their parent company Liberty did.    

Lastly ....  what "joke" are you talking about?    Your thread really doesn't make a lot of sense.

Perhaps you could have made your point w/o being snarky. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I don't "assume" a darn thing about QVC or anything else. I don't think about Q's financials and can't imagine doing so!

@Love my grandkids, I know; right?

I read the reports here posted on the forums w/ links to documents re: Q's financial issues and losses.

Why would it be so unusual to have interest in the 'financials' of a company that one does business with? Many people have interest in the financial status of companies that they invest in, as well as those they do business with. I don't find it strange at all, or something to be mocked.

Honored Contributor

I used to buy ALL my clothing from QVC. Now , I hardly buy any clothing at all and very small % of that from QVC.

Honored Contributor

It's a move to compete with the juggernaut that is Amazon. I have Prime-for me and my lifestyle and needs Amazon is far superior. I look for other sites with free shipping and returns. Plus I get Shop Runner free with my AmEx. I took a few chances in the last 6-8 months with Q, pair of shoes and skirt. Returned both and paid well well to do so (I did like and keep my Irish sweater). For me that's a no. For anyone else who doesn't have an issue with it, that's not for me to judge and I don't.

I pride myself in being a black belt bargain shopper, I can find real bargains elsewhere. Have found some real bargains on HSN site on clearance. 

I want QVC to do well, I don't root for people to lose their jobs. The highly paid would still do fine, I know that. I know what changes I would make if I was the CEO, but they don't care about that...

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus  I heard they bought HSN on Easy Pay.   Six easy payments of 350,000,000.

Thanks for the morning laugh!!!  Very clever.  If the Q would have used their HSN card, they could have gotten an extra easy pay.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus  I heard they bought HSN on Easy Pay.   Six easy payments of 350,000,000.

LOL! @Kachina624 This is my all time favorite post ever!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624,

Love your sharp comments, succinct and super funny.🌻