Honored Contributor

Re: THE DESIGNATED DRIVER OR THE HAPPY HOLIDAY DRINKER, WHICH ARE YOU?

[ Edited ]

@Leiloni wrote:

Hope you & your hubby have a FABULOUS time on your NYE cruise, lucky you! Have a wonderful Christmas. <3

@Leiloni@. Hi Leiloni. Just an FYI. You need to quote or @ 
the poster you are responding to. Otherwise it makes no sense. And yeah for the DD. We stay home for NYE so no need for a driver!

Trusted Contributor

WHAT??????? Not understanding what you are trying to tell me, will you pls explain? I have done nothing to offend you, so I am not getting you. 

Honored Contributor

@Leiloni wrote:

WHAT??????? Not understanding what you are trying to tell me, will you pls explain? I have done nothing to offend you, so I am not getting you. 

She’s not offending you, she’s trying to help you.  When you replied to several people’s posts, you did not identify who you were replying to. No one can tell who your replies are meant for. She was trying to explain that to you and to tell you how it’s done.

If you’re this sensitive and freaked out/annoyed at someone trying to help you, you may have problems on these forums. I think we aren’t getting you either.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Leiloni wrote:

She's just saying that it's best to quote the post you're responding to.  If you look at other posts here (including this one) you'll see that most people do that if they're replying to what someone else has written.

Otherwise, no one knows which poster you are thanking or wishing a happy holiday or agreeing with or anything else.  It cuts down on confusion and keeps communication running smoothly, which is important on forums.  When you write a post, there's an option to quote the post you're replying to.  

Her intent was to be helpful to you.  

Respected Contributor

I don't like to drink, so I am always the designated driver. I don't like the feeling that alcohol can give me. If only I felt the same way about ice cream!!