Trusted Contributor

THE DESIGNATED DRIVER OR THE HAPPY HOLIDAY DRINKER, WHICH ARE YOU?

I am the designated driver on Christmas Eve & don't mind at all. For many years I was able to be the drinker, so I feel it's my turn to give back to so many that had to see I made it home safely after partying most of the night on Christmas Eve, with family & friends. I realize this question is usually asked for New Year's Eve, but I wanted to ask now since we are rapidly approaching the Eve of Christmas. And, speaking of this, MERRY  CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE, NEAR & FAR! 

Respected Contributor

Re: THE DESIGNATED DRIVER OR THE HAPPY HOLIDAY DRINKER, WHICH ARE YOU?

I'm pretty much always the designated driver, regardless of the occasion or holiday. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Such an important topic, thank you.  I'm always the designated driver and I don't mind at all.

Honored Contributor

I'm okay with being either.  It just needs to be known in advance, who the driver will be.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH always volunteers to be the designated driver, he's not much of a drinker so he couldn't care less.

My limit is one drink, no wine ever, which I can skip if necessary, so no problem here.

Trusted Contributor

If I know I am going to be drinking any alcohol wherever I’m going, I always take an Uber there and back.  No need to get behind the wheel if any alcohol is going to be involved with Uber around these days.

Honored Contributor

My hubby always drives so it's never an issue. Now if we stay somewhere he may have a beer or a glass of wine. We don't take chances. I sometimes like a margarita with Mexican food.

Honored Contributor

I don’t usually drink, so I am always sober. Occasionally, I will have a drink, maybe once a year but always in my home.  

My DH isn’t much of a drinker either, but he does have a few in the summertime with our friends.

My parents owned a bar and I am the only child out of five who avoids most adult beverages. Some I can’t drink because they are not gluten free.

We always stay home for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, so neither one of us needs to drive.

I am a party pooper, but if anyone needs a ride, i’d be happy to drive them home safely.

Respected Contributor

I will be spending the night when I go my friends' house for Xmas day. It's a lengthy drive so I can revel all I want to without worrying.

Honored Contributor

i can be either, depending on who i am out with.

christmas eve and christmas day i will be home with my family.  we wont need a designated driver.....everyone will be home and sleeping over.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein