Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone watch last night????  Our PBS local station carried it after ENDEAVOR.

Just as this season of ENDEAVOR, THE BLAKE MYSTERIES is 1 1/2 hrs long with only 4 episodes.

It was good.  Jean, of course, is the main character now.  Matthew, Alice, and Bill were also back as was the barman (can't recall his name right now).

A brief name drop for Lucien although it didn't sound limethey knew he was gone for good.   Your thoughts????

Regular Contributor

Watched all the early episodes.  Lost interest lately.  The Dr. Blake actor is truly beyond understanding. 

Super Contributor

Apparently they are suspending filming any new episodes of Dr. Blake Mysteries because the actor who plays Dr. Blake (Craig McLachlan) has been hit with se*ual harassment charges by both actresses on the set and some of the crew.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma r 

You were fortunate.  Our PBS had nothing but hours and hours of news and junk, which I don't watch.

Honored Contributor

I watched this series last year, i liked it, they got married,and it ended there.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@chi5925   Yes, that happened.  However there was so much backlash from viewers that the Australian Broadcasting Corp decided to resume the show.  Title was changed to The Blake Mysteries and starts @4 years later than the original series ending.  Jean is now the main character;  the format is pretty much the same.

I thought it was well done.  No real explanation as to what actually happened to Lucien, though.  Charlie and Rose are both gone.  There are only 4 episodes done.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest   Finally, after many seasons they were married.  The series ended after they got back from their honeymoon.  Matthew was there when a call came in and they left.

On the new show, Matthew mentioned that Lucien was in Sydney and had chased a suspect up a tower or something.  Both he and Jean said they keep hoping it's Lucien every  time the door opens.  Perhaps he might be allowed back.

Regular Contributor

Saw pictures of him on stage as a cross dresser.  He is far out there.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE BLAKE MYSTERIES

[ Edited ]

i watched it when it was was first on the air. i didn't much care for it after jean and Dr blake started in.  He wasn't too likable, but excellent show back in the day.

another Australian hit, Miss Fisher murder mysteries disappeared.  it was so popular too.  they kept promising a new series to start.  it never did.

another great New Zealand mystery is Brokenwood Mysteries.( meesterys, as they say in New Zealand)  really good.  I buy the dvds and savor at home every episode.  Each time we watch this series my husband and I start talking like new Zealanders, lol.  they have those long E's.  like Dead, is DEED.    precious, is PREECIOUS.   Christmas, is chreestmas.  i love it.  it is actually hard to do if you speak  a few sentences without stopping.

Esteemed Contributor

Craig Maclachen did appear in a play (it was a movie too) that was very wierd.  I can't remember the title right now, but, I also read that article.  Kind of sad that after so many seasons, Jean and Lucien finally married and then poof, he's gone.

I also loved Miss Fischer's Murder Mysteries.  Same case, she left to fly her Dad to England just after she and Jack admitted their feelings.