Esteemed Contributor

Re: THAT'S Why You Were Pounding My Door

@on the bay  You are most welcome.  At times this place could be a sitcom.  I should be grateful he has cows........it could be pigs.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 , sounds like you live next to cunnerman's.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2    I do think your neighbor needs to find a way to keep the bull off the road.  

There was a diary farm along a road where we twonies often rode our bikes.  The cows just seemed huge, not so scary, but the bull wasn't able even to reach the fence a few feet off the road as the cows could.    Far better set-up in my mind.

However, in the middle of the night, I have to assume both you and the woman knocking were more than uneasy!

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops 

In the middle of the night? It was 5:30 pm.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Um, if one of those free range cows left a pie on my manicured lawn--well, I guess I would have to put my tin foil hat on and duke it out with the neighbor.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodot    Opps.  No idea how I missed that.

Now I think the only person in that story who was upset was outside the house.  I still feel the farmer/owner of the bull is irresponsible.   No one can predict when an animal that has been peaceful will change.  Bulls can be that way.    

Respected Contributor

This stuff happens frequently out where I live too. Cows/bulls at neighboring farms will plow through fences and find ways of slipping through even small gaps in a fence. Also, sometimes the feeder will forget to close the gate properly when he leaves. The farmers close to me are pretty quick to get them back in and repair the broken fences fortunately.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, he should keep his livestock off the road but that means fixing his fences and he won't do it.

He is a mean lazy SOB. His nearly 40 yr. old son is too.  For as much mouth as I have he is one person I will not tangle with. I've said before I won't poke the bear.  This man could easily be on Fear Thy Neighbor on ID.

People come to our house to report cows and/or bull being loose because they are afraid to go his house directly across from the barn. He has junk cars all across his lawn (he told a neighbor it will slow down people when "they" come for his guns), trees are grown around the porch, his dogs scare people.  Hell, I wouldn't go there either. Even the township supervisors are leery of him.

Honored Contributor

You need Matt Dillon he would rip him a new one early.

Esteemed Contributor

When we moved down here 26 yrs. ago his parents were alive (it was his folks farm).  They worked all the time, his Mom was in the barn well into her 70s after her DH died. And Mom kept that front yard mowed and trimmed, the poor woman is probably rolling in her grave if she can see her property.

Any farmer  has a cow get out occasionally. Tree  branches fall on fences, cows, not being the brain trusts of the animal world, try to jump over them etc. but there wasn't the almost daily parade of cows like now.

Respected Contributor

That is a predicament for sure, and don't blame you for not wanting to tangle with that guy being the loose cannon he is. Too bad the sheriff or someone in law enforcement can't talk to him about the problems caused by his livestock getting out so much. But then they probably have to no avail!