Honored Contributor

Re: THANK YOU cards or notes, do you still send them?😊

As a matter of fact, I just received a thank you note yesterday.  I write thank you notes, send cards and also write notes in the cards.  I was taught to do this when I was young and still do it to this day.  I love to write and when I write I can express myself in words and emotions.  I think it a caring gesture to send and receive thank you notes, thinking of you notes and cards.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I still send Thank You Cards and Christmas Cards, Thanksgiving Cards, Easter Cards and Thanking of You Cards, Cards of Encouragement etc.  I already have my Christmas Cards for this year although I might need one more box just to be safe.  I will always send them.  

Honored Contributor

Yes!

Valued Contributor

Always!!!

Gratitude is the simplest action but it's profound in life. 

That's a major flaw in our world today. No one is thankful for anything.

It's vital to acknowledge acts of kindness and more. 

Respected Contributor

@lynnie61   I'm sorry that you lost your friend. Forty years is a long time.   I have a few close friends and one of them I met in a Yoga class back in 1971, she is the one who gave me the blueberry muffin recipe. We raised our children together, taking them to the beach, out for breakfast or lunch or just visiting each other and the kids playing. We were in each other's weddings.

My friends, my daughters and I, all still send cards and thank you notes. If I am seeing someone for their birthday and

giving them a gift, I give the card with the gift.

Regular Contributor

ALWAYS!!!!!

I can count how many I have received!!! It blows my mind how ungracious people are!! 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mother taught all 7 of her children to write a thank you note for a gift or a kindness shown to them.

I know that my mother-in-law used to say that she would give me or my husband a gift and she would turn around and a thank you note was in her mailbox. 

I want the person giving the gift or the kindness shown that it is much appreciated. 

I do not want to take anything for granted.

I will say that I have stopped giving gifts to certain people for the reason that I do not receive a note in the mail or an email or even a vocal thank you --even leaving a voicemail. It is as if the person just expects that they are to receive the item or the kindness. I am not asking for effusive gushing. Just a plain thank you would be enough.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @SandySparkles   Woman Happy

I also send written Thank You cards. 

And I have a supply of Thinking of You cards as well, to send whenever.

But I dont receive anyThank You cards.  Send/Receive a few Christmas cards, usually by an older, associated Christian person, at least for their elderly now.  I guess maybe a consideration taught to us from way earlier days?  Hmm,  I dont even receive Thank You or Thinking of You texts/calls even. 

Actually, kids now, generally arent even taught to SAY "Thank you" or "Please" now that I think of it.  And their parents dont even insist on this either.   Wow.   I wonder why these curiosities evaporated. 

Gratitude is soo passe'?  Woman Sad

GIF--Hand-Writing-Out--Script-Calligraphy--THANK-YOU.gif

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

Respected Contributor

I do and I think it is nice to do.  Does not take much time to tell someone you appreciate them.  

I have done thank you text as well but sometimes it doesn't cover it.  Depends.

Respected Contributor

I would send a "thank-you" card if I received a gift and couldn't thank the giver in person--very rare these days.

If someone thanks me in person, I don't need a thank you note from them.