Honored Contributor

Re: THANK YOU WEBBIE! WE CAN POST PICTURES NOW! JOIN IN THE FUN!!

On 1/2/2014 possummink said:

Preds, I absolutely would love to live in a place like that. I am so country at heart. I love everything about living in the country. The beauty, the quiet peace, no light pollution, roosters crowing, cattle lowing, creeks, woods, undergrowth, critters, all of it!!! You were lucky to have such a beautiful place to hike around.

I spent many summers there and a few winters. We ran all over those mountains. I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world. I wish my DD and DH had those type of memories. I will say that using the outhouse in the winter was not good, but everything else was a wonderful adventure. I do miss it.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Gold with Bird - Snow photo FairyGold-with-Bird.gif

Preds, It sounds like you had a wonderful childhood as did I. I wouldn't trade that time for all the riches around because of the beautiful memories and really great time it was. I often wish I could take my kids and grandchildren back in time for a few days so they could experience it too, only on a tiny scale. We didn't have AC, TV etc. and thank goodness for that blessing.

We made those late night trips out to the outhouse at my grandparents' homes too. Kind of scary when I was real little. Many night sounds out in the country. My one grandma lived in Arkansas in the mountains near Fort Smith. There's still an old lime tree growing there that was big when I was a kid in the 1940ies. I saw it a few years back and it was still going strong and was huge.

I know the above graphic was posted but re-posted it with a different background. Love this one.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I loved the night sounds. Still do. We did have a good start and do have sweet memories.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor