Esteemed Contributor

THANK YOU, ANTONELLA

[ Edited ]

During the presentation of the C.Wonder tank just now, she said " I see a little peek-a-boo under the arm.  Just saying so people will know. "   I appreciate that she mentioned that and wish the other hosts would do the same.  The vendor said "that is for comfort".  Whatever. 

Sorry, I am not wearing a tank under a tank to keep my bra from showing.  It is a poor design and Antonella called it out.  Thank you!

I have to add that on the Vionic show after C. Wonder, Antonella made the comment that one shouldn't think that Vionic is going to cure all your feet problems.  She said, but give it a try. Wear them for 30 days.  If the soles are dirty, if the your feet have dirtied the top (or something to that effect) and if you still don't like them, send them back.  You have given them a fair trial and that is what we want you to do. 

Makes you wonder if the PTB weren't cringing. Hope not.  People aren't past appreciating honesty.  Gotta love that girl!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Love AN!  Helps keep down the return rate.  Thumbs up!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: THANK YOU, ANTONELLA

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

During the presentation of the C.Wonder tank just now, she said " I see a little peek-a-boo under the arm.  Just saying so people will know. "   I appreciate that she mentioned that and wish the other hosts would do the same.  The vendor said "that is for comfort".  Whatever. 

Sorry, I am not wearing a tank under a tank to keep my bra from showing.  It is a poor design and Antonella called it out.  Thank you!

I watched the video and and so proud of her to call that out...........didn't love the vendors dismissive response....

Trusted Contributor

I really appreciate Antonellas honesty.  I hope she does not get in trouble for telling the truth.   We hear enough from designers saying items are true to size.  We have seen for ourselves that is not always true.  We also have seen that we can not always trust the garment measurement charts.

I have several LG sets that I purchased many months ago.  I have enjoyed wearing them until warm weather set in.  The arm holes on every tank are to big and show about half of my bra under my arms.  IMO that isn't acceptable.  I have tanks from other Q designers and some of those also can not be worn without a sweater or jacket.   Yes during cold months they work as a layer but I bought a set of 2 and 1 has limits because of design.

I no longer buy tanks and and shells from QVC unless I can see the bare arms with no cover up on the plus models.   If you are selling a sleeveless top and cover the armhole I now have to think there might be a problem.

Why do designers think because we wear a larger size we need huge arm holes and an extra several inches in the top lengths. Not all plus ladies are 5' 8"+.  As has been said here many times the average American  (per Forbes magazine Sept 206) wears a 16 or 18.  She is 5' 4.6" tall.

Honored Contributor

I posted in the Linea forum a while back about something she said during the show. I love that she is so down-to-earth and real! Smiley Happy

Contributor

@tends2dogs

Shes great! Antonella is one of my favorite hosts. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

I really appreciate Antonellas honesty.  I hope she does not get in trouble for telling the truth.   We hear enough from designers saying items are true to size.  We have seen for ourselves that is not always true.  We also have seen that we can not always trust the garment measurement charts.

I have several LG sets that I purchased many months ago.  I have enjoyed wearing them until warm weather set in.  The arm holes on every tank are to big and show about half of my bra under my arms.  IMO that isn't acceptable.  I have tanks from other Q designers and some of those also can not be worn without a sweater or jacket.   Yes during cold months they work as a layer but I bought a set of 2 and 1 has limits because of design.

I no longer buy tanks and and shells from QVC unless I can see the bare arms with no cover up on the plus models.   If you are selling a sleeveless top and cover the armhole I now have to think there might be a problem.

Why do designers think because we wear a larger size we need huge arm holes and an extra several inches in the top lengths. Not all plus ladies are 5' 8"+.  As has been said here many times the average American  (per Forbes magazine Sept 206) wears a 16 or 18.  She is 5' 4.6" tall.

Re: Armholes. I don't think I've ever purchased a tank or sleeveless top that didn't need a ****** or tuck under the arms. If I purchase a smaller size, it pulls across the chest. If I have to pay extra for those alterations, I purchase really good sleeveless tops, like Linea, so it's worth spending the money. 

For inexpensive cotton tops to just toss on w/ jeans, etc. I purchased several bras in bright colors to wear under so it looks like the color was intended to show. I also avoid white tanks. White bras show through and colored ones show, too. Nude showing under the arms is meh!

Sometimes I do combos like a red bra under a bright pink tank, etc. Keeps life interesting. Oh, these lacy bright bras come from discount stores and about $10 each. 

Respected Contributor

Love Antonella and her laugh.  She talks directly to us and gives the needed information.  i wish all the hosts would follow her lead.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet