Esteemed Contributor

I heard that there were plans in place to bring back a new version with updated technology.  Well, just saw it on QVC and Amazon is also offering it.  RElease date is August 1.  MY daughter loved her Teddy Ruxpin.  Her son (My grandson) will be 4 years old in mid-August.  No reviews available yet.  My grandson loves his kids Fire HD tablet.  I don't know if he is "too old" and to into advanced technology to enjoy TEddy or not.

Honored Contributor

I have the real/original sitting in a guest room right now.  Along with 8 cabbage patch dolls, a Kooza and various animals, etc from back then.

They all belong to my youngest daughter (just turned 37 years old).  If she ever gets married and has a baby they are her's.

I already have 7 grandchildren (by 2 other daughters) and they got their childhood toys.  These belong to the  youngest.  She'll be here at the end of the month.  She always sleeps in there and I've caught her looking at them, probably remembering.  I have almost every toy they ever played with.  Being girls nothing ever got broken.  My late husband wouldn't let me get rid of the stuff.

I can't even think of what's up in the attic.  One day they'll have to go.

Esteemed Contributor

My girls had Teddy Ruxpin also.....and really liked him...but i think they enjoyed Cricket more...remember her??

Valued Contributor

My 37 year old son and I have a running joke about Teddy. When he was little he wanted him so badly.  For some reason we never got him Teddy (no clue why). He takes on and on that we were so mean and never got him Teddy. It stunted him for life Woman Very Happy  I will have to get him the new Teddy for Christmas as a joke.  He can't complain anymore! lol

Honored Contributor

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dZqRLwq3qEc/U1_tujaWpTI/AAAAAAAAEME/BjR0ywU4yaI/s1600/FORSSE-2.jpg

At the peak of his popularity, Teddy Ruxpin became the best-selling toy of 1985 and 1986....

from wiki

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I have the real/original sitting in a guest room right now.  Along with 8 cabbage patch dolls, a Kooza and various animals, etc from back then.

They all belong to my youngest daughter (just turned 37 years old).  If she ever gets married and has a baby they are her's.

I already have 7 grandchildren (by 2 other daughters) and they got their childhood toys.  These belong to the  youngest.  She'll be here at the end of the month.  She always sleeps in there and I've caught her looking at them, probably remembering.  I have almost every toy they ever played with.  Being girls nothing ever got broken.  My late husband wouldn't let me get rid of the stuff.

I can't even think of what's up in the attic.  One day they'll have to go.

@Annabellethecat66  DD's toys all look new, so I also saved them. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

A quick 'story' about 'vintage' toys.  OK, so you guys have heard me bla bla about the time lightning hit our house and we couldn't live in it for 5 full months.  We lived in a hotel.

Anyway, about the toys.  So we had a lot of toys up in the attic (all the girls had).  Some of them had smoke damage and a few burned.

Our insurance says "SAME AS" (that's very important) because that meant they had to give us as close to what we paid for the stuff as we could come to.  My late husband was unbelievably organized (unlike me).  So we went to the toy store and got tons of new toys and some that were similar to what we used to have.  Here's the pain in the @@ neck part....I had to get on the internet and find out the cost of all of the Fisher Price toys (remember the little people), the good wooden ones?  Now they are plastic.  OK, so in finding out the value of these things I met people who were saving these things thinking their value would support the cost of their children going to college!!

Yepper!  They actually thought the little people house and stuff would be worth the cost of going to (say University of Va) which is where my one daughter went.  Ummmm!!  That would be no way!

Anyway, it was interesting seeing what people wanted for some of these same toys many of us have held on to over the years.  Many of them were people like in their 30's and 40's (not even close to 70, like me).

I bought a few that I knew my middle daughter wanted replaced (she's very particular and had to have the wooden small little people).  They weren't that much more money.  I bought them from the internet.

That was an interesting year.  We had 9/11 that year, we had lightning hit and lived in a hotel for 5 months, we had 2 daughters get married!  Wow!

Honored Contributor

Re: TEddy Ruxpin is back!!!

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66

I have a whole collection of little people (100+). Love them. (they are plastic, but small)

I have the house, the school, the farm ect.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bd/eb/b0/bdebb01e3b2f28ba37f23acbebe3c91c.jpg

Honored Contributor

@missy1 I gave most of them to my middle daughter in Florida.  She's 42 and has 3 young daughters but she is the one who calls me Mommie.  She wanted all of them, (the Fisher Price stuff).  Her favorite is the Merry Go-Round where the little guys spin the thing around.  She also likes the record player.  Remember that?  With the little round records that play on the record player.  She has all of that stuff.

She gets it out every now and then and sits while her girls play with them; but she's super protective of them.  It's funny really.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought Fisher Price had to totally redesign all its,"little people" because they were a choking hazard for small children.  THey were small enough to get stuck in a child's throat.