Honored Contributor

Re: TEA IS SUCH A NICE BREAK FROM EVERYTHING

For a strong cup, my go-to is an Assam.  I like a strong, malty cup with little tannin and a smooth finish.  A lot of times I put milk in it.

Upton Tea has lots of strong, smooth cups of tea!  They are loose leaf teas, not bags, but if you have a pot or cup with a filter it isn't a big deal.  They have blends and decaf too.

The best think about Upton is they have samples that are so much fun to try--especially now!  So you can get several and look forward to having one every day.  And they print your name or someone else's name on the label--the date--and how long to brew the tea, how much to use etc.

I like Yorkshire gold too.  It's is pretty available around here.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

i ordered from Upton Teas also.  Haven't tried it yet but the prices are better than the other online companies and the tea is very well packaged (the package is resealable).

And, as @Sooner mentioned, they will print your name or whatever name or message you want on the label.

ETA:  the printing of your name or saying is not a decorative aspect, it's part of the label. Very nice, but just an extra free of charge thing they do through the computer generating the label.

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Oznell 

For caffeine free I drink Green Tea and add some lemon...

Mostly I drink fully caffeinated teas----English Breakfast for a strong tea and mostly flavored teas for a nice pick me up whenever the mood strikes---raspberry, lemon-spice, peppermint, pomegranate ---orange burst etc.  But I have to watch when I drink these teas because for some reason caffeinated teas keep me awake at night, but coffee doesn't---go figure.....

Can Cats Drink Tea? Find the Purrfect Tea for Your Feline Friend

@Spurt I love so many things about this photo....the cat is adorable, love how it's having tea with you....and the roses/cup & saucer, well...be still my heart.  Such a lovely photo.  Thank you for posting this happiness!

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

For a strong cup, my go-to is an Assam.  I like a strong, malty cup with little tannin and a smooth finish.  A lot of times I put milk in it.

Upton Tea has lots of strong, smooth cups of tea!  They are loose leaf teas, not bags, but if you have a pot or cup with a filter it isn't a big deal.  They have blends and decaf too.

The best think about Upton is they have samples that are so much fun to try--especially now!  So you can get several and look forward to having one every day.  And they print your name or someone else's name on the label--the date--and how long to brew the tea, how much to use etc.

I like Yorkshire gold too.  It's is pretty available around here.

@Sooner  Yes to Assam and to Yorkshire Gold!  Excellent tastes, my tea drinking friend.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell

Although PG tips is not one of the brands I usually buy, I have had it, and am glad that Wegmans carries it.

My preference has always been black tea. PG tips is robust, but I find that it takes very well to a splash of milk, which is how I take my tea.

Thanks, BTW, for such an uplifting, positive thread. Tea really is a nice break. One of my favorite quotes:

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea.

---Sidney Smith, the British Billy Graham of his day (and tea-lover lol)

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Oznell  Cheers.  I can't drink tea, tanic acid in it kills me, but I'm getting wine with groceries next week.  If there's tanic acid in that, I'll grin and bear it. LOL

Honored Contributor

My husband is crazy about the Stash tea flavored ones.  He's especially partial to one that has a Honeydew melon flavor--go figure!  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I do enjoy this tea talk!

@Misplaced Parisian,  your mission to "add civilization to the bus ride"--   love!   And knowing you, "but of course" you would!

Interesting that no one raves about a brand of good tasting decaf.  Perhaps apart from that restaurant brew I briefly tasted, it does not exist.  

I do take the points of several of you that you like decaf green tea.  I've tried all versions, and cannot get with the program.  Maybe, just maybe, decaf green iced tea pleases me, esp. in summer.

Woe, does no one have that 'magic elixir' of a decent decaf black tea, a brand I can embrace and start to hoard with fiendish intensity???

Honored Contributor

May I recommend Harney & Sons in New York?

image.png

My two favorites are Paris and Victorian London Fog -- sturdy black teas.  But I require a caffeine-free tea for the one day I have to switch from an AM schedule to a PM schedule for work.

@Oznell 

Have you tried rooibos?  H&S offers an interesting one called African Autumn.  Rooibos tea, hibiscus, cranberry flavor, orange flavor, orange peel.  A tad medicinal at first, but it grows on you.

Actually, they have quite a few caffeine-free options.

Check out their site...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Oznell 

For caffeine free I drink Green Tea and add some lemon...

Mostly I drink fully caffeinated teas----English Breakfast for a strong tea and mostly flavored teas for a nice pick me up whenever the mood strikes---raspberry, lemon-spice, peppermint, pomegranate ---orange burst etc.  But I have to watch when I drink these teas because for some reason caffeinated teas keep me awake at night, but coffee doesn't---go figure.....

Can Cats Drink Tea? Find the Purrfect Tea for Your Feline Friend

@Spurt I love so many things about this photo....the cat is adorable, love how it's having tea with you....and the roses/cup & saucer, well...be still my heart.  Such a lovely photo.  Thank you for posting this happiness!

@Misplaced Parisian 

Glad you liked the photo, Its not my kitty but I also LOVED everything about it too...especially the pretty t-cup and the cute cat...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”