Honored Contributor

Re: TEA IS SUCH A NICE BREAK FROM EVERYTHING

@just bee wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

Those tea tins are so beautiful, @just bee --  love elephants too!

@Oznell 

You should take a gander at the variety online.  Have to admit I've never tried their tea, but those elephants are amazing!

I kept only a couple of my tins and the rest are in landfill with just about everything else I'd collected.  We lived in a hotel for two months and I drank the tea supplied by the hotel.  Then I picked up some tea from the grocery store.

When we moved into the rental house I ordered my favorites from Harney & Sons.  I've given up a lot since the fire, including fragrances and pricey toiletries, but I can now say that I will not give up good tea.

@just bee @Oznell I know you two are very special and take pleasure in many beautiful things large and small.  And I wish you many many more!  These tins are fabulous!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

Those tea tins are so beautiful, @just bee --  love elephants too!

@Oznell 

You should take a gander at the variety online.  Have to admit I've never tried their tea, but those elephants are amazing!

I kept only a couple of my tins and the rest are in landfill with just about everything else I'd collected.  We lived in a hotel for two months and I drank the tea supplied by the hotel.  Then I picked up some tea from the grocery store.

When we moved into the rental house I ordered my favorites from Harney & Sons.  I've given up a lot since the fire, including fragrances and pricey toiletries, but I can now say that I will not give up good tea.

@just bee @Oznell I know you two are very special and take pleasure in many beautiful things large and small.  And I wish you many many more!  These tins are fabulous!  

@Sooner 

Thank you -- I appreciate the kind words.  I just hope I don't see any dog or bee tins.  Then I'll be in real trouble! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee Not to BEE a trouble maker (Woman Wink) but you do know about the Savannah Bee Company don't you?  Woman Wink

Regular Contributor

Stop and Shop sells PG Tips,  I like Barry’s English Breakfast tea.  Shop-Rite sells Barry’s.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@just bee Not to BEE a trouble maker (Woman Wink) but you do know about the Savannah Bee Company don't you?  Woman Wink

@Sooner 

Bee still my heart, I do!

I think the hardest loss was all the family photos, all the books and my 25 year-old landscaping.  They had to pull out everything around the house in order to tear it down and rebuild it.

I had attracted a lot of bees and hummingbirds and now I'm going to have to get them back.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

@just bee Same here. Its hards to find the perfect coffee. I’m down to an average of two cups whenever I go out to breakfast and maybe one cup at home once in awhile. I prefer the Twinings, and I agree about so many varieties of tea out there. Many beautiful canisters, boxes and containers too.
Honored Contributor

@Scooty wrote:

Stop and Shop sells PG Tips,  I like Barry’s English Breakfast tea.  Shop-Rite sells Barry’s.

@Scooty 

Before I started ordering Harney & Sons teas, I was drinking PG Tips, Yorkshire and Barry's.  I even dabbled in Typhoo...

Honored Contributor

@just bee Sometimes I think things come to us at a special time and purpose, and I am glad you are able to look forward so often! It is a blessing!  

Valued Contributor

@Oznell Nice thread. It actually takes my mind off of these issues we’re all having now. 🌹
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@just bee Sometimes I think things come to us at a special time and purpose, and I am glad you are able to look forward so often! It is a blessing!  

@Sooner 

I always remember that it could have been so much worse.  We could have been asleep when it happened.

I just tell myself it's another thing I can check off the bucket list.

House fire.  Check.

Decluttering 50+ years quickly.  Check.

Living in a hotel for two months.  Check.

Living in a rental in a neighborhood I'd always liked.  Check.

Pandemic.  Check!