Honored Contributor

TEA IS SUCH A NICE BREAK FROM EVERYTHING

I never tire of the many tea discussions had here.   Tea drinkers right now are probably more than ever interested in hydration and a "calming moment".

My go-to is still sturdy British crowd-pleaser "PG Tips"-- first of all for its full body, depth, sort of "malty" overtones.  I read a review that said it was too "coppery", but I don't find that.  Did they mean "metallic"?   I like a strong, tea-flavored tea like "PG Tips".  No dishwater.  It's also affordable, which is a plus.

127220515.jpg

Can only have max 2 cups per day, so always looking for a decent decaf.  Never have found one that doesn't sacrifice some of that thorougly "tea" flavor. 

But the closest decaf to caffeinated flavor that I've found, that is readily available to me, is "Twinings Irish Breakfast Tea".  Irish Breakfast Tea is usually stronger than English Breakfast tea generally, so it makes sense you'd get more robust flavor with the decaffeinated.  Still falls a bit short of course.  But there is some flavor, and also a deep deep almost ruby color...

Oh, once in a tony restaurant, they served me a miraculous decaf, obscure brand.  Of all things, I didn't get the name!

Long-time tea drinkers, have you ever found a decaf that is tolerable?  

Respected Contributor

Re: TEA IS SUCH A NICE BREAK FROM EVERYTHING

i like tea sometimes and i always like caffeine free green tea!Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Oh, I love PG Tips (Red Rose is good too).  On my morning bus commute into work I sip Lady Grey....I had to add some civilization to the bus ride and a cup of tea does the trick every tiime for me.  Smiles.  A votre sante....to your health!

Respected Contributor

The Spice and Tea Exchange is offering free shipping on all orders.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for your suggestions.  I do plan to share them with my DD, who does enjoy tea.  

Honored Contributor

I do like peppermint tea and Honey and Vanilla versions when it's closer to bedtime. 

While everyone went running for tp, I went running for my tea.  I had to make room in the pantry for my stash.  Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks for this post.  I have been looking for a stronger tea.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

For caffeine free I drink Green Tea and add some lemon...

Mostly I drink fully caffeinated teas----English Breakfast for a strong tea and mostly flavored teas for a nice pick me up whenever the mood strikes---raspberry, lemon-spice, peppermint, pomegranate ---orange burst etc.  But I have to watch when I drink these teas because for some reason caffeinated teas keep me awake at night, but coffee doesn't---go figure.....

Can Cats Drink Tea? Find the Purrfect Tea for Your Feline Friend

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Same here-I can drink a cup of regular coffe at 11:00 at night and still go to sleep.

If I drank tea I'd be doing cartwheels all night. 

I do like a cup of white tea during the day, though.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I love my tea but no decaf ones but, Upton Tea Imports are the absolute best. In my opinion. They recommend teas and have a great selection. They even imprint your name on the bag!! Check them out. Oh and they have great ice tea teas for the warmer months.