Esteemed Contributor

Re: TARGET BUYS 'Grand Junction' For Same-Day Delivery

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't buy from Target and I can't imagine that I would ever shop online with them.  There is Target near my office and when I worked in the office, I sometimes browsed around at lunch time.  The grocery section was nice but the other stuff was uninspiring and there was not much of it.  Target will never compete with Amazon or the shopping channels.  They might be trying to compete with Walmart but Walmart has huge head start on them.

I believe our allegiance to Target versus Walmart stores depends on where we live.  Obviously living in the city where Target is headquartered means we have stores everywhere and they have pumped money into remodeling to create more of a boutique type ambiance.  Walmart on the other hand is mostly located in second and third ring suburbs and rural areas and the stores reflect a no-frills warehouse atmosphere.  

Truthfully, the only time I would ever shop Walmart is at our lake home in another state where shopping was at one time quite limited.  Now, even the local grocery stores create a more appealing experience.  

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't buy from Target and I can't imagine that I would ever shop online with them.  There is Target near my office and when I worked in the office, I sometimes browsed around at lunch time.  The grocery section was nice but the other stuff was uninspiring and there was not much of it.  Target will never compete with Amazon or the shopping channels.  They might be trying to compete with Walmart but Walmart has huge head start on them.

I believe our allegiance to Target versus Walmart stores depends on where we live.  Obviously living in the city where Target is headquartered means we have stores everywhere and they have pumped money into remodeling to create more of a boutique type ambiance.  Walmart on the other hand is mostly located in second and third ring suburbs and rural areas and the stores reflect a no-frills warehouse atmosphere.  

Truthfully, the only time I would ever shop Walmart is at our lake home in another state where shopping was at one time quite limited.  Now, even the local grocery stores create a more appealing experience.  

I'd forgotten about the remodels, the change of clothing brands and the 'boutique' styling that was announced. I used to buy casual summer clothes at Target until they reduced their larger sizes to (literally) one rack. When I could no longer buy any clothing there I stopped making it a point to make it a regular stop. Same with the Sears branches that stopped carrying my size - just stopped going. K-Mart still has plenty of large size clothing but...K-Mart. I.just.can't. Their clothing that I've seen is on a quality par with Old Navy. Look at it and it falls apart. I will occasionally buy jeans/tees & PJs at Walmart, or a fleece jacket or sweatshirt, but nearly everything I once bought at Walmart I buy now from Blair.

I'm assuming that with all the Target "fashion improvements" they still won't have anything other than that "one rack" amount in larger sizes. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, though.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

You might want to check out Target online.  If you have a Red Card it's free shipping and I think free returns.