Respected Contributor

T'day's"Wear Red"Day->for"Women's HEART HEALTH

[ Edited ]
  • National Wear Red Day® and American Heart Month
  • National Wear Red Day is Friday, February 3, 2023. Together, we can wear red and be the BIG difference for a better life for women everywhere. We have resources to help you celebrate all Heart Month long! CVS

• MinuteClinic offers year-round heart health screenings at all MinuteClinic locations nationwide. During American Heart Month, you can download a voucher online and present it at MinuteClinic locations

• Be the Beat for the Women in Your Life

Women who suffer from cardiac arrest outside of a hospital are less likely to receive CPR from bystanders.

• Sharell and Brittany were both saved by the courageous efforts of people around them who stepped in to perform CPR. Their powerful stories emphasize why learning CPR is so important to help save more women’s lives.

to get your screening and learn your numbers at no cost.
  •  
  • The American Heart Association’s® Go Red for Women® movement urges everyone everywhere to wear red on National Wear Red Day®, Friday, Feb. 3, and rally together against the No. 1 killer of women during American Heart MonthHere are six ways to “Go Red” with the American Heart Association this February:
  1. Take the American Heart Association’s “Be The Beat” challenge for someone in every household or family to learn the two steps to perform Hands-Only CPR—call 911 and push hard and fast in the center of the chest at a rate of 100-120 beats per minute—in just 90 seconds at heart.org. CPR, especially if performed immediately, could double or triple a cardiac arrest victim’s chance of survival. 

<<  continues  >>

Honored Contributor

Re: T'day's"Wear Red"Day->for"Women's HEART HEALTH

I have nothing red, it's not my color.

Esteemed Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn 

Thank you for this thread. For decades the ladies were brushed aside, even in an ER, when it came to genuine heart ❤ issues. Fortunately that has changed, but for you ladies, do not get complacent, when it comes to your symptoms

And do not rely exclusively on the "known symptoms" as your guide. If you suspect anything out of the norm, for/from your body! Do not hesitate to find out the cause.

With a serious heart complication, minutes can often be the difference. Some say "the golden hour/60 minutes", others say "minutes are muscle". The heart is one muscle that does not regenerate.

I hope @Trinity11 will speak more about the importance of this for the ladies reading thus thoughtful thread. 

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@ MakeUpMaidn, May I attach to your blog? I am not sure how to srart my own. Thank you. May all you ladies stay healthy. May I as a ? I have now reached the age of mid 70. A new surprise. LEAKING. Can anyone please recommend  what is next step to take precautions so am not embarrased. I have no one I could ask so I sincerely appreciate your ideas as to precations especially at night. Is there a "PRODUCT RECOMMENDED? I appreciate each of you A SINCERE THANK YOU. So EMBARRASED 

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

You're most welcome.

Great ideas presented 

#1 killer in women!

Those articles above are just "snippets"  for most of the into.  There's enough there to quote "search on."

Taking CPR classes seem like a great idea!

My sister just had OPEN (*INSIDE* HER HEART VALVE) Surgery. 

She's still QUITE disabled & very slowly recovering from Nov 30th Operation.   Long haul.  She just strained in pain, merely trying to "read a label" on her clothes! .

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@sligo 

Certainly you may!  Thanks for asking.

The MORE the BETTER who know this info, and SAVE OUR LIVES!

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I have nothing red, it's not my color.

@Love my grandkids 

I have a closet full so I'll be happy to lend you something so you can support this extremely important cause.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's for a good cause!  But not to be confused with the Red Hat Society.

Esteemed Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn 

Sending my thoughts and best wishes to your sister in her recovery.

A friend I have known since I was 8 years old, had his Aortic Valve replaced when he was 82 years old. He is now 86 and has always been into physical fitness. 

This surgery involved draining all the blood from the body, while they replaced the defective valve, with a pigskin valve. Going into his surgery with his healthy and fit body, allowed him to recover very quickly. He was back ice skating in about 4 months post surgery. 

He told me the hardest part for him was not being able to do much with his upper body for about 8 weeks. He was limited on both weight and motions of his upper body until he was internally healed as much as possible.

Give your sister my wishes and thoughts for a problem free recovery.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

Thank you so much!   Will do!  Heart