Respected Contributor

Sydney Poitier has passedā€¦

He was 94! Great actor from the Golden era. He will be missed! šŸ˜•

Honored Contributor

Re: Sydney Poitier has passedā€¦

He was a phenomenal, brilliant, gorgeous actor, and an even better humanitarian.  Rest in Heavenly Peace, Mr. Poitier.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To Sir, with Love:

Sidney Poitier had to have been one of God's favorites because he had the most exquisite, loving and caring nature.  A brilliant actor but even better human being, he stole my heart decades ago.

Rest in peace, gentle soul. 

ETA: I just learned that he passed away on January 6, Epiphany.  There is some sort of poetry to that to my way of thinking.

(2)  I just visited the Daily Mail and saw a Tweet or whatever from Whoopi Goldberg.  She, too, chose to include the "To Sir, with Love" thought.  We (Whoopi and I) agree on so much. 

To Sir, With Love - Rotten Tomatoes

Sidney Poitier in To Sir, with Love (1967)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

People remember all his roles, he was so good from the start.   Even as a film newcomer, he had "it".....

mildred-joanne-smith-sidney-poitier-no-way-out.jpg

Agreed, @wvumountiefan  and @Caaareful Shopper , well-put.  I think everyone thinks of him as one of the last "great" actor-stars of an unretrievable era, and an elegant human being.  RIP.

Edited to add--  I hadn't seen your post when I typed the above, @golding76 ,  but heartily agree with you too!

Honored Contributor

Rest In Peace GIF - Rip Candle 安ęÆ - Discover & Share GIFs Rest In Peace Quotes, San Roman, Condolence Messages, Hippie Quotes, Sympathy Quotes, Grieving Quotes, Deepest Sympathy, 1 Gif, A New Hope

Esteemed Contributor

Job well done. RIP you kind and gentle soul.

One of my favorite movies that I use to watch with my grandmother was Lilies of the Field. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Such sad news ! Another one who walked thru the doors of heaven, sat down and the angels gave him a standing ovation !  So many wonderful movies and he also directed "Stir Crazy" one of my favs along with "They call me Mr. Tibbs" and the list goes on. R.I.P.  Mr. Poitier !

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wvumountiefan 

@Oznell 

I loved him in anything, but he was phenomonal in "A Raisin in the Sun."

One of a kind man and actor.

Honored Contributor

They call me Mr Tibbs.

Trusted Contributor

Such a beautiful soul, rest in eternal peace, Mr Potitier.