Respected Contributor

Sorry about the mess in the other thread. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

If you want to read the article it's here: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29765623

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

That is so sad and tragic. I can't imagine the type of pain these children and parents went through and are going through even now. Wow, you just never know how other people live and suffer.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

This was something that happened a long time ago - why bring it up now?

Do you think this never happened here? my father was taken from his poverty stricken home and placed in the CCCs when he was 14.(1933)He said some of the men abused the boys unless they had someone older to look out for them - as he did because he had older brothers that were taken with him. I also know a man who was raised in an orphanage in the 1940s and he said when he turned 14 he was placed in foster care where all the boys were required to work and had to live in an attic - and were beaten every day with a leather strap.

Respected Contributor
On 10/29/2014 happy housewife said:

This was something that happened a long time ago - why bring it up now?

Do you think this never happened here? my father was taken from his poverty stricken home and placed in the CCCs when he was 14.(1933)He said some of the men abused the boys unless they had someone older to look out for them - as he did because he had older brothers that were taken with him. I also know a man who was raised in an orphanage in the 1940s and he said when he turned 14 he was placed in foster care where all the boys were required to work and had to live in an attic - and were beaten every day with a leather strap.

Did you read the article? That would answer your questions.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

A very very sad past.Smiley Sad Easy for us to forget there used to be no protection for workers. And in some countries children are still not protected from such work.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor
No surprise. Horrendous
Honored Contributor

Awful...

Super Contributor

I love Switzerland . . . very sad to read about this awful history.

Honored Contributor

(nm)

Honored Contributor
What a horrific story of how these children were treated.