Honored Contributor

Re: Swim team swimsuits--your opinion

@Colinka wrote:

This is not:th.jpg

I'm sorry but that bottom has way too much material to be a thong.

Also, if a "girl" has an apple bottom nice shaped butt, the bottom is going to look like that when wet.  Most just pull the material over the butt & keep on going.

Girls w/flat butts will look like the first pic when wet & dry after a swim workout.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Colinka wrote:

This is not:th.jpg

I'm sorry but that bottom has way too much material to be a thong.

Also, if a "girl" has an apple bottom nice shaped butt, the bottom is going to look like that when wet.  Most just pull the material over the butt & keep on going.

Girls w/flat butts will look like the first pic when wet & dry after a swim workout.

When they come out of the water, it looks like a thong, in that the material has worked its way into their butt cleavage. They invariably have to perform contortions to pull it out. Perhaps I erred in describing it as a thong design, but it definitely bares a lot of butt. I'm just saying that I think the design is inappropriate for a high school girls swim team. Other options should be allowed.  

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I would have to see a picture in order to say yea or nay.

What is a "thong" to one person, isn't to another.

Just like what one person perceives as "leering", another person watching that same "creep", wouldn't.

ITA @Plaid Pants2, I was going to post the same thing. I would have to see the swimsuit myself without going with someone's opinion of the suit being decent or not. And swimsuits tend to ride up when wet.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Butts like that have been around since the 1960s.  Nothing new or shocking here.  

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I always thought the male Speedos were verging on obscene.  I never want to see guys junk not even shrunken junk.

Don’t travel outside the US. The equivalent of Speedos is what a majority of men wear as swimwear all over Europe and down into the Mediterranean and Russia. There’s lot more junk on display outside the US generally.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I always thought the male Speedos were verging on obscene.  I never want to see guys junk not even shrunken junk.

But it provides such nice eye candy!😈👹

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

At the last Olympics I seem to remember seeing the women wearing suits that came practically to their knees.  Like this:

Image result for womens olympic swimsuits

Esteemed Contributor

I would post a picture of the Olympics men's swimwear, but it would get me banned! *lol* 😈😛👹

Honored Contributor

My children and I have all been on swim teams, and yes, the suit was a major problem for DD, and back in the day, for me. The way we are built, the front showed everything. I used to walk around with my arms crossed a lot. Jumping into that ice cold water most mornings didn't help either! Smiley Embarassed DD's team wore a two-piece for a while, then went back to one. At least it was black! They ARE skimpy little things. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@ColinkaI have never seen those type of Speedo swim trunks on the boys and I have a son who is a senior in high; one of his best buddies is on the swim team and they wear the tiny speedo's.

Some of my boys have been on swim team since grade school...small speedo's for them since Day 1 as well.

Have to say that the suits I've seen the girls swim team wear since grade school through this year in HS all look like what you would find at Land's End; a classic tank. I'd wear the Speedo tank...in fact.... I do. Classic and covers everything. That's what you see around here on girls' swim team members.