Respected Contributor

Today is supposed to be last day of our mini heat wave here in SW PA.  I hate anytime when just doing normal activities that I break out in sweat.  Yuck.  Then the bugs start to swarm.

Today is unusual for us we have a breeze.  Actually makes it bearable, almost like being at the beach.

Respected Contributor

Re: Sweltering Heat!

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

@Financialgrl Greetings!  Actually, I'm from the MD suburbs!  But close enough!.  I don't blame you for not walking in the heat.  I'm thankful that we have daily exercise classes available at my local senior center.  I can go in the morning and then stay indoors the rest of the day on these brutal days!

@Krimpette- Yeah but over the years suburbs of MD/VA/DC have all morphed  into one area!  I am now in an over 55 community (we all have single family homes) and can walk to clubhouse for exercise classes given every day - yoga, swimming, and there's a fitness center in there. 

However walking has always been my exercise of choice bc it doesn't require anything other than my 2 legs!   I figure as I'm here longer I'll assimilate more into this community bc right now I still drive 25 miles north to do things with friends I grew up with and there are even still some left I graduated HS eons ago.  

Honored Contributor

@Financialgrl Sounds like a nice life!  Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I hate the heat and humidity.  Can't wait for colder weather.

Honored Contributor

Oh yea... I'll happily take a beautiful, gentle snowfall to this muck anytime... The sooner the better... But I do hope to have fall first...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Krimpette Same here, I despise the cold and snow. Summer and Fall are always too short a season. I won't complain about being inside a home with a/c for a few days. Winter is so much worse and makes life so much more difficult. 

Honored Contributor

just plain awful here on east coast. even i who walk 2x's a day  year around, was overcome by the heat today. i do walk with a full water bottle at all times.

Honored Contributor

Where I live it's finally cooling off Fri Sat and Sun then another heat wave next Mon -Wed. 6-10 day outlook is for hotter than normal. It makes all the summer is over fall winter talk even more ludicrous.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

I wish you would send some of that heat to the Bay Area. We will be lucky if it gets to 84' today. I love summer and hot weather! 

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

The air is unhealthy and people with respiratory issues and the elderly are told not to go out in this hot and humid weather.  Why would I enjoy being baked and not even able to be outside for any length of time in this very uncomfortable weather.  It is much too hot and it hinders me from doing anything but sitting in an air conditioned room.  

With that being said I do not like the snow but I do not mind the cold.  In fact I am much more motivated to be outdoors, to wak, to exercise, to shop, to take drives.  I have life in me again!  

Whatever your choice, stay healthy and cool, all !!!!