Respected Contributor

Re: Sweets you love @ Christmas or Hannukah?

@Katcat1, we are all doing well. Our grandsons are now both 2 1/2 so this Christmas should be a great time. Take care and Merry Christmas.

Trusted Contributor

@Tricolor

THANK YOU! ❤️

Respected Contributor

@BirdieGal, you are very welcome. Enjoy! Merry Christmas.

Honored Contributor

I usually make fudge and these candies I make with cornflakes and dry roasted peanuts, always a hit. As for me I always buy miniature candy canes and buy Christmas Peeps ( snowmen and trees). Okay who am I kidding, I buy Halloween and Easter Peeps too!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Newgate wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

@Newgate wrote:

I love snowballs, a buttery round cookie with walnuts rolled in powdered sugar! They are also known as italian wedding cookies, I believe.  I will be making some of those next week!   Yum!!

@Newgate-Those snowballs sound kind of like my mothers Russian Tea Cookies that melt in your mouth!

I also love my sisters fruitcake with tons of brandy-she pours it all in thereWoman LOL

@on the bayYes! That is another name for them that I could not think of!  Thanks!!  The fruitcake sounds stimulating!!Woman Wink

----------------------

Those cookies are also called "Mexican Wedding Cookies". In Mexico, they  are called "polvorones"!  Grew up with them all year around!! 

Pati Jinish, a cook on the Create Website, has a good, authentic recipe.  https://patijinich.com/recipe/mexican_wedding_cookies/

Honored Contributor

We had Christmas last Saturday with my husband's side of the family. He has a huge family, so we always get together the 1st Saturday in December. Anyway there are a lot of good cooks and bakers and I especially enjoyed: Peach Cobbler, Apple Pie,Spice Cake, Chocolate Chip Cheesecake.....

On my side of the family my mom loves to bake and makes really good Fudge, Pecan Dreams and Chocolate Snowballs........We will have them on Christmas Eve when my family gets together......

In my old job we had a lady that loved to bake, and she used to make the best Christmas Cut outs-they were just delicious.......I really miss eating them!!! lol!