Honored Contributor

Re: Sweepstakes....Yay or Nay??

I won a $25 gift card from HSN once.  I never won anything from QVC.

I only want to win cash or a merchandise credit.  Most of the contests include a trip, WEN, other cosmetics and stuff I have no interest in.  If I won that stuff,  I'd decline accepting it.

I usually do not enter contests, but I have on occasion.

Super Contributor

I don't enter because I know I won't win, and entering doesn't stop the notifications of the sweepstakes. 

Respected Contributor

@onlyshopsonline  I'm on a 2017 MacBook and have experienced the same on this and the last one.  What I now do somewhat successfully is click on from a current QVC e-mail and then the Sweepstakes works.  The spin thing then pops up and also works.  Think that used to be an HSN thing.

Good luck, all.  Someone has to win! 

Honored Contributor

Nay.

Respected Contributor

never do i ever enter any contest. ever.  all they really want is your email address.  

my sil when i went down to visit her, informed me she ALWAYS enters the publishers clearing house one. has been doing it for years.  she also informed me, you have to buy some of their little trinket type things, to get on the "good list"  i had no idea publishers clearing house even offered "stuff".  

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have been entering daily.  However, I do think the Q should at least post the first name and city/state of the winner somewhere on their site.  It would seem more "real" if they did.

Honored Contributor

NAY .... I don't enter.  Just not interested in sweepstakes or lotteries.  

Esteemed Contributor

I enter daily but, I never win😱😢😭

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella

I was/am a gambler, but have done none since I quit back in the mid 1970's, recovering so to speak. That includes raffles/football, lotteries and everything else some choose to wager money. I did give money to the local Cancer Society, but did not know they were drawing names. I won $100, which I promptly donated back to them.

Always been a frugal man and it finally hit me! You are throwing your money away, so I quit, the same way I have quit many other things I felt/feel, were/are not good for me.

Put me in the NAY column.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's an absolute Nay! I doubt that QVC even handles their own sweepstakes. It's likely  designed, managed and run by a company that does them for numerous other companies. No thanks. By law any company that runs a sweepstakes is required to post the winners. The winners have to be out there somewhere.....somewhere. Just remember that the purpose of a sweepstakes is to sell more products or bring in more customers. Anyone can enter as long as they are at least 18 years old. There are plenty of people who seach the internet for sweepstakes that they can enter, so the chances of winning are not that high.