Respected Contributor

I'll admit, I have entered these contests and sweepstakes the Q has promoted in the past but I'm finding the interest is waning.   You barely hear of any winners and the posting of winners is practically nill.   I know some will say, 'if you're not in it, you can't win it' but it doesn't seem, to me, like it's a 'YaY' any more.   How about you? 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Re: Sweepstakes....Yay or Nay??

@ciao_bella wrote:

I'll admit, I have entered these contests and sweepstakes the Q has promoted in the past but I'm finding the interest is waning.   You barely hear of any winners and the posting of winners is practically nill.   I know some will say, 'if you're not in it, you can't win it' but it doesn't seem, to me, like it's a 'YaY' any more.   How about you? 

I haven't entered any kind of sweepstakes in years.  And Q doesn't tell who wins (even first name and state) so it makes me suspicious.  Even if they did, it'd never be me.  Besides, I don't need my email on more sites.

Honored Contributor

I have in the past, but every time I did, I had a noticeable increase in spam from sites I'd never even heard of, regardless of what their 'privacy policy' says.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I'm not suspicious there's anything nefarious going on, but I don't enter any of these sweepstakes.  I won't even rate my experience in a supermarket or any store that asks for feedback if it means I have to give my name, email, etc. to a source I don't already think has that info. Nothing against the companies themselves (wouldn't be shopping there if I didn't trust them) but I hate the third-party involvement.

Honored Contributor

How funny to comes across this thread as I was thinking the same thing as I trying it this morning. You never hear of anyone winning.

Honored Contributor

Nay. In the past, I would get notifications from companies I’ve never heard of. I think information is shared and I don’t like it.

Honored Contributor

Not any more, very much question them!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

All I know is that I don't even venture over to the Blogs anymore because the only thing you'll find there is a new sweepstake gimmick.

Not interested.

Respected Contributor

I was going to start a new thread but I guess I can ask here:  Has anyone ever won on the spin portion of the contest?  I think that's totally a gimmick but I can never resist trying. LOL

Trusted Contributor

I’ve had problems with this sweepstakes and the last one.  I’m only able to get into the site to enter on an occasional basis. Most of the time, it doesn’t seem to work. Maybe it’s not compatible with my Apple devices. 

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"