Honored Contributor

Re: Suze Orman switches to HSN

I think many products run their course at a station so they move on to another.

Suze hasn't been on QVC in quite awhile so I doubt HSN offered her anything to lure her from here to there. 

HSN has lost their fair share of vendors to other channels as well.  Once Suze gets what she can from HSN, she'll probably turn up on Evine.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I have heard nothing but negative feedback from people who order her stuff. She is a trickster and  it is buyer beware.  Can not stand  the woman.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have heard nothing but negative feedback from people who order her stuff. She is a trickster and  it is buyer beware.  Can not stand  the woman.

You may not be able to stand the woman but she helped me immensely throughout the years. Some of her advice helped me financially and I will always be gratelful to her.

So I guess you can now say that you know of someone who ordered a few of her things and you read positive feedback.

I wish her my best at HSN.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

She's following the money LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

That's just part of the shopping channel world, IMO.  Susan Lucci is suddenly back on QVC after many years at HSN.  It's business, that's all.

I've always liked Suze as well as many other vendors that left, and after seeing them for so many years, you start to associate them with only one shopping channel.  It's kind of a shock when they leave, and many try to look for hidden reasons.  It's simply the way the retail business works, as each channel caters to their own unique market.   This is a good way for Suze to reach customers that never saw her on QVC.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

Old enough to be Shawn's mother

I think Suze looks great.  No way does she look old enough to be Shawn's mother.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@Alsee wrote:

Old enough to be Shawn's mother

I think Suze looks great.  No way does she look old enough to be Shawn's mother.

I think she looks great too.  But I believe she is mid 60's, like 64 or 65 which means she is in fact old enough to be Shawn's mom.  Smiley Happy 

Valued Contributor

Suze's CNBC show ended March 2015. She is developing a new syndicated show to debut in Fall 2016.

CNBC changed its focus to entrepreneurship -- e.g., Shark Tank reruns, The Profit, etc.  I presume Suze didn't renew her contract whenever it expired.  And I also presume there is some sort of noncompete clause for x period of time.

Respected Contributor

Suze has been around for a while. She absolutely is old enough to be Shawn's mother.

Trusted Contributor

She is 63.

I am not surprised she is at HSN. She has limited product, after a while everyone who is interested at one network is tapped out.

She picks up a whole new viewer base at HSN. Not everyone watches both QVC and HSN. Some HSN people do not watch the Q.

It is business. Great business for her, because she no longer "needs" to work, but she is passionate about what she knows and continues to share. She gets to do what she wants, when she wants, and is still excited about what she wants to share regarding money. Good life!

I personally have learned a lot from her. I miss her CNBC show. I like watching her on PBS too. She does that once or twice a year.