Honored Contributor

Re: Suzanne Somers birthday?

[ Edited ]

I am sure there's a story, but I was kind of sad for Suzanne as I thought she really trusted and adored Colleen!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Speaking of Colleen, I was enjoying her hosting (with Keith Urban, and special celebs) she seemed dignified and gracious. Lately I've noticed her harping on and on about get your color now (midnight) before they all sell out and that stupid line of buying one for everyone including the UPS man. Goodness, she's sounding like Shannon!!  Is HSN pushing them to do this??  It's a huge turnoff. 

OT but I'm watching all shopping channels less. Maybe I've just grown tired of it for the moment. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reba055 wrote:

Speaking of Colleen, I was enjoying her hosting (with Keith Urban, and special celebs) she seemed dignified and gracious. Lately I've noticed her harping on and on about get your color now (midnight) before they all sell out and that stupid line of buying one for everyone including the UPS man. Goodness, she's sounding like Shannon!!  Is HSN pushing them to do this??  It's a huge turnoff. 

OT but I'm watching all shopping channels less. Maybe I've just grown tired of it for the moment. 

I think Colleen is a very good host.  That being said, I think she's always been a bit "pushy".   She gets by with it as it's by no means obnoxious and she is beloved by so many.

Shannon takes the cake though!  She is uber pushy and it's so noticeable.  I wonder if the returns after her shows are high, LOL.

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

I think Colleen is a very good host.  That being said, I think she's always been a bit "pushy".   She gets by with it as it's by no means obnoxious and she is beloved by so many.

Shannon takes the cake though!  She is uber pushy and it's so noticeable.  I wonder if the returns after her shows are high, LOL.

@winamac1 Maybe they're all getting on my nerves. But Colleen has even started to say she has everything in almost every color. I don't remember that before. 

Yeah, Shannon is a true one of a kind 😜

Honored Contributor

I just found this on some blog, LOL

ownedbysetters
ownedbysetters
FEBRUARY 2
I agree on the Isaac-Shawn relationship. It is totally work only. I can remember when HSN was promoting the Colleen Lopez-Suzanne Somers friendship heavily. In that case, they actually were friends off-air. Each of them would refer to dinners they'd had together, or an event they'd attended together. I think you are right and Shawn would trumpet it to the skies if she'd been invited to some Isaac event or been to his house.

eta - it was also very apparent when CL and SS had a personal falling out. They would still occasionally work together on air, but it was strictly professional. It actually was kind of sad to see. Their friendship added a lot to the shows they did together. At one point, they were truly a lot of fun to watch.

Edited February 2 by ownedbysetters.

Honored Contributor

Colleen looks way better now--though pretty then too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aas3JWsO2pU

Esteemed Contributor

Can anybody explain what went down between Suzanne Somers & Coleen? I sure would appreciate it!! I've always wondered!! Thank-You!!

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

@winamac1 Maybe they're all getting on my nerves. But Colleen has even started to say she has everything in almost every color. I don't remember that before. 

Yeah, Shannon is a true one of a kind 😜

LOL

On BOTH channels, they are all getting "pushier".  But, I do agree with you about Coleen--she's a good host, but she's never been one of my favs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Can anybody explain what went down between Suzanne Somers & Coleen? I sure would appreciate it!! I've always wondered!! Thank-You!!

No one truly knows.  

There's a lot of speculation.  Some say it's because Colleen was developing her own line, and she wanted to distance herself from Suzanne's line as it was getting so tacky towards the end.  I certainly don't believe that.  The hosts have sold tackier items than Suzanne's items.

Others say that  Colleen became tired of having to host every show with Suzanne as Suzanne was becoming more and more "clutchy", territorial and almost possessive with Colleen.  They say Colleen just didn't want to be her go to host for every single show.   I think she wanted to break that tie.  Suzanne made comments leading me and others to believe that she was very hurt and upset.  I remember 2 or 3 of the comments.

I, personally, think it was more of the latter.