Honored Contributor

Re: Sussex Royal Baby Named Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor

I think Kate's smile is the prettiest!  She beams from ear to ear.  It's real!

Respected Contributor

I have an uncle named Archie. It's funny how people think that name is so horrible now. It was quite popular in this country in the past and is popular over there now. I don't know why people feel the need to chime in on a baby's name when it isn't theirs. The other royal baby names like George and Louis sound really old fashioned and out of date to me, but I know that's totally common in their country, and those names are steeped in meaning and history for them. I'm sure a lot of people find popular American names horrible including your names.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Talk about offensive, @Sooner; Haggis is gross, and to suggest that someone, anyone would name their  child that is extremely repulsive and disrespectful, not funny!!!

Respected Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

Talk about offensive, @Sooner; Haggis is gross, and to suggest that someone, anyone would name their  child that is extremely repulsive and disrespectful, not funny!!!

She never misses a chance to take a swipe at Meghan. It's pretty sad that she can't zip it even when a baby is involved.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those who noticed the little whispers between Meghan and Harry, this was recently reported by the news. Very nice/sweet. Heart

"........And she received a little encouragement, courtesy of her husband. According to a source who spoke to Metro UK, Prince Harry whispered, 'Here we go,' to Markle before they stepped in front of the cameras. Best. Prince. Ever. Tina Lannin, the lip reader, also said Prince Harry looked down at his son and commented, 'He’s so quiet,' during the photo call."

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is very inappropriate and going off topic.

Respected Contributor

Oh, don’t care. I don’t know the names of the children who live across the street and I have a chance of actually seeing them. I’ll never meet Archibald. Why does anyone other than family and friends care?
Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:
Oh, don’t care. I don’t know the names of the children who live across the street and I have a chance of actually seeing them. I’ll never meet Archibald. Why does anyone other than family and friends care?

His name isn't Archibald.  

Honored Contributor

I bet Archie is going to go on a lot of adventures with his parents.  They love to travel and are so involved with children's charities.  What a great upbringing he will have...

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@dex wrote:

@stellabystarlight @I would have thought they would give the baby a more formal name such as Archer and then affectionately Archie.

@dex 

I share your opinion. Archer Harrison rolls off the tongue and sounds dignified with a more familiar nickname of Archie. 

I'm very happy for the entire family with this beautiful little addition.

I think if they had gone "formal" it would have been Archibald.  

@faeriemoon 

I just can't warm up to the name Archibald. I do think the origin of Archer is French/English, even though it sounds a bit American and much like Trevor, Hunter, Sawyer, etc.