QVC Customer Care

Re: Sussex Royal Baby Named Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor

Super Contributor

I'm shocked that the queen allowed this name. Most men who are called Archie have the real Name Archibald. The royal usually chooses older names and names of ancestors. William, Harold, George, Charles, names like that. Archie just isn't befitting of a little prince.I haven't seen any pictures yet. I'm sure he's a beautiful baby because he has a beautiful mother and a handsome father.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Well, I guess if they have a baby girl next time (if there is a next time) they can name her Edith. Woman LOL

This "next time" gives us a lot of room for guessing, the next one. But that would be a hoot.  I think the only ones this tickles are the Americans.  This may hold more water with the Brits.  This may be something to see how he grows into that name. Wonder if, he'll get a nick name other than the  given Archie.  We'll see.  The watch is on.   I just love babies, and he's so  cute.  That's a lovely family picture and we'll see what cute pictures come of it.

Honored Contributor

Just a follow-up on something I posted yesterday.  Read this this morning on CNN:

"....., when Prince Charles becomes King, Prince Harry's son will automatically become His Royal Highness Prince Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor."

Honored Contributor

I can't help thinking of Edith Bunker exclaiming, "Oh, Archie!"  Woman LOL

IMG_1506.JPG

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I'm wondering if he got Harry's red hair.  Redheads are rare.  What a sweet little guy.

Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I can't help thinking of Edith Bunker exclaiming, "Oh, Archie!"  Woman LOL

IMG_1506.JPG

Too funny 😂

Honored Contributor

New Daddy Jacket

Harrydaddy.jpg

Harrybabyonsies.jpg

Honored Contributor

@topcat10 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

Royal baby: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle name newborn son Archie

Absolutely the photo to be cherished....the Queen and Duke's faces are priceless!....LOVE IT!

There is no love like a grandparent's love.  I've never seen the Duke look so happy!

Respected Contributor

I love the name. Perfect! Love that Meghan came out in a white dress and her comment about having the 2 best guys in the world was so American. Harry is just goofy with love.

I so admire these two and wish that they will always feel the way they feel now!

p.s. Kate is beyond human when it comes to looking like you're pregnant or have given birth. You can see in Meg's face that she labored and gave birth. Kate's face is always placid. Superhuman!