Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sussex Royal Baby Named Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor

[ Edited ]

@AussieLuvr, don't forget that Harry's formal last name is also Mountbatten-Windsor but when in service he used Wales as his last name.    He was also Harry Wales when in school and William was William Wales.

I suspect that for the most part Archie will use Windsor when a last name is needed outside of official business or perhaps Sussex. 

William's son, Prince George, is reportedly known as George Cambridge at school; Princess Charlotte is known as Charlotte Cambridge. 

Edited to correct errors.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

So peaceful.  What a beatiful child.  Also, Megan looked wonderful as did Kate after giving birth.  I don't know how these women look so beautiful a day or two afterwards but I know how haggard I looked and felt for quite some time. Both Megan and Harry are so happy!  Best wishes to them! 

Honored Contributor

I think the full name is very princely.  Love the name Harrison, and mountbatten is a family name

they say harrys real name is  Henry charles albert david mountbatten-windsor. Whew. Right after harry was born and they announced his name Henry.  Diana said they will call him Harry.

i think Archie is cute.  I think of Archie from the comic books, which harry's personality can resemble.  Lol. 

English names are a far cry from American names. Harvy, stanley, albert, oliver, jasper, along with the usual Harry, Jack, william Jacob, oscar. One of the most popular names? Freddie! But Archie is on the top 20.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp I think you mean Windsor, not Wales. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think they are such a cute and happy family.  I really like Megan, and Harry is just besotted with her and the baby.  She adores Harry...they seem like good people. I don't know why people pick on her.  

They baby is precious and I love his cap. Better than one of the traditional lacy gowns and bonnets.  But all in all, I do admire all the Royal  family fortitude, dedication to social causes , and the gift of people mingling.  All the while being chewed apart daily with gossip. What i admire most is no matter what is thrown their way, they shut their mouth and get on with it.  I like that they have the guts to not respond to the awful remarks  they have to deal with.

i think they know this is their life, and this is what happens to people of their rank in life.  It has to hurt , but they don't show it.  They probably whine amongst themselves, but never in public. 

Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@Marp I think you mean Windsor, not Wales. 

@esmerelda, yes, thank you.  I made the corrections to my post.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Both of my parents are deceased. My father was an American. I'll leave off his surname. His name was Harrison Walker _____. My mother was British, born and educated in England. Her name was Margaret (aka "Peggy") Grace ____. Harrison is the first or middle name of some of my American relatives on my father's side. None of them have ever been called "Harry." Also, I don't like the baby's first name at all. It sounds like a nickname.

Super Contributor

Actually Archie is listed as the 11th most popular boy's name in the UK..and the babe IS 

1/2 British so why not? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

Both of my parents are deceased. My father was an American. I'll leave off his surname. His name was Harrison Walker _____. My mother was British, born and educated in England. Her name was Margaret (aka "Peggy") Grace ____. Harrison is the first or middle name of some of my American relatives on my father's side. None of them have ever been called "Harry." Also, I don't like the baby's first name at all. It sounds like a nickname.

Shoekitty said

the nicknames for Heenry, (not Harrison )are  Harry and Hank.  There are a few more

Trusted Contributor

The name Archie is a little different but I do like Harrison for the middle name. I wonder if that is in honor of his Dad, Harry. Maybe that is his legal first name? But I do like it, either way.