Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Sussex Royal Baby Named Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor

@Suzeecat wrote:

ARCHIE ? ? ? ? ?

@Suzeecat:  That's what I said!!!  

Honored Contributor

Read this morning, "Alexander" was their top choice.  They had been looking for a name that would tie the United States and UK together.  So, they thought of Alexander Hamilton.

I like the name Alexander, but he isn't my child so I have no say in it.  I like Archie's middle name...Harrison.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From The Washington Post

Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, gave the world a first look Wednesday at their son and, after introducing him to the queen, announced his name: Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.

The Sussexes announced the name on their Instagram account, with a black-and-white photo of Meghan showing the baby to Queen Elizabeth II. Beside them stood Meghan’s mother, Doria Ragland, Prince Harry and the Duke of Edinburgh.

It was fair to say, nobody saw an Archie coming.

Honored Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

Well maybe when he grows up he'll marry a women named Edith. Woman Wink

LOL!  My first thought was Archie bunker...

Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

From The Washington Post

Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, gave the world a first look Wednesday at their son and, after introducing him to the queen, announced his name: Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.

The Sussexes announced the name on their Instagram account, with a black-and-white photo of Meghan showing the baby to Queen Elizabeth II. Beside them stood Meghan’s mother, Doria Ragland, Prince Harry and the Duke of Edinburgh.

It was fair to say, nobody saw an Archie coming.

!!

Contributor

And will be ‘Master’, no royal title.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If Harrison would have been the 1st name it would have been ok, but Archie......Nope don't care for it, but maybe it will grow on me. He is a cutie! I didn't care for Prince George's name either, but it has grown on me, he is a cutie too!

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

suzeecat,

Like you, my first thought went to the comic book character of the same name.

Then, I thought of Archie Bunker from the TV hit "All in the Family."  My associations are not majestic, that's for sure, except for those minor characters in films with British men named Archie..  They populated certain films from decades ago.

And, of course, the formidably debonair actor Cary Grant was born Archibald Leach and known as Archie.  I would like "Archibald."  Nice and stately name.  Archie, hmmm.  

@golding76 

Me too, that's who I'll think of every time I hear his name.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Everyone will blame Meghan even though the name is popular in the UK. I just keep hearing someone shouting " AR-CHIEEEE!"