Honored Contributor

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.  Case in point. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Lucci

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susan wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Stunned a cardiologist would say ‘live your life as you usually did’.

Guaranteed repeat business.

He meant activities @sidsmom. Exercising..

Thought you might be interested in his son ...another cardiologist. He is a plant based diet advocate. He seems to have a lot of info on his Insta-gram account. So it just proves even in the same family, doctors have different approaches.

@Trinity11

I saw the YouTube video of his son’s girlfriend while they were cooking.

It would be in the Dr’s best interest to adhere to that Plant Based Diet

before he has heart issues.  He’s clearly overweight.

And cooking bacon & hamburgers...stunned...a cardiologist be

eating this way.  Oof. My doctors are slim & trim.

Most doctors don’t care to make their patients well. Clearly this is one. 

Most doctors don't care to make their patients well?  Seriously?

It's a disturbing and completely inaccurate statement, isn't it, @NYC Susan.   Can you imagine if we posted "most law enforcement officers don't care to protect or inform the public -- guaranteed repeat business," or "most nurses don't care to make their patients well -- guaranteed repeat business," or "most teachers don't care if their students succeed -- guaranteed repeat business," or...  well, the list goes on to any group we attempt to defame and dehumanize.   It's dreadfully fallacious, groundless stereotyping, a red-flag alert to bad information, and it's certainly no way to open anyone's eyes or ears to a person's message.😳   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.  Case in point. 

Funny you say that.

If the Hammer is heart damaging food & Nail is genetic predisposition,

why would a person continue to hit themselves every single day,

3x times a day for all their lives?   The body has a breaking point.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Thought you might be interested in his son ...another cardiologist. He is a plant based diet advocate. He seems to have a lot of info on his Insta-gram account. So it just proves even in the same family, doctors have different approaches.

@Trinity11

It's a disturbing and completely inaccurate statement, isn't it, @NYC Susan.   Can you imagine if we posted "most law enforcement officers don't care to protect or inform the public -- guaranteed repeat business," or "most nurses don't care to make their patients well -- guaranteed repeat business," or "most teachers don't care if their students succeed -- guaranteed repeat business," or...  well, the list goes on to any group we attempt to defame and dehumanize.   It's dreadfully fallacious, groundless stereotyping, a red-flag alert to bad information, and it's certainly no way to open anyone's eyes or ears to a person's message.😳   

@dooBdoo, Susan and I share the same physician. He saved my life more times than I can share here. Reading condemnations against his character literally sicken me. This doctor is renowned in his field and saves lives on a daily basis. 

Thank you for your eloquent post...

Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Lucci

[ Edited ]

(Deleted)   Not worth the trouble...

Anyhoo, as so Ms Lucci - I have never watched a single episode of the soap opera she worked on for decades, but I have always adored her.   She is a treasure.

I really liked the show she was on a few years ago - darn, can't remember the name but it was about some ladies who were maids and some ladies who were their employers, and others.    That was a good show and I was really bummed that it ended.   Lucci was great in it.

I love that pic with her sitting on her butt in that big ol' dress.   How wonderful!  It makes me smile, and that = Priceless!!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@dooBdoo, Susan and I share the same physician. He saved my life more times than I can share here. Reading condemnations against his character literally sicken me. This doctor is renowned in his field and saves lives on a daily basis. 

You're welcome, @Trinity11.   There's so much I wish I could say right now, but I can't.    Probably best to adopt as much "sitting on my hands" as possible.    I know you (and others here) understand.    I'm so grateful your life was saved, and that you are here with us, and I pray for your good health every day (you're on my list, young lady!).❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

WWW.Goredforwomen.org

Scroll down and on the right side Susan addresses questions about her diet. She currently follows a Mediterranean Diet.

When testing was done (FEB 6th) article, she said that her need for 2 stents was completely genetic and she had CALCIUM DEPOSITS in her arteries which do not come from lifestyle.

The stats have proved that a Mediterranean Diet is heart healthy and the article explained everything....

She was/is doing "all the right things" and sometimes even then life hands us a lemon...for whatever reason.  Genetics....perhaps....some diet long ago?  She looks fantastic when I see her on air at Q...her posture is perfect....her personality is sunny and warm/glowing even.  And I read she is following what I would consider a healthy diet long term PLUS she works out daily as a long time habit.  

I can tell you I have examples in my family line that did NONE of these good things and lived until 97 or 95 (both grandparents) sure none smoked or drank but none ate well or worked out either.  Very poor and ate a low ball diet.  Genetics must have played a big role in why they lived so long and only until the last couple of yrs had no big health issues...lived independently until 92+!  

If we could "control" everything that happened to us that would be amazing but the reality is we can't.  I'd say Susan L. is doing and making great choices.

Thanks for the heads up on the article....

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

You're welcome, @Trinity11.   There's so much I wish I could say right now, but I can't.    Probably best to adopt as much "sitting on my hands" as possible.    I know you (and others here) understand.    I'm so grateful your life was saved, and that you are here with us, and I pray for your good health every day (you're on my list, young lady!).❤️

Thank you @dooBdoo. That means so much to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Trinity11

@NYC Susan

Yep.

And obviously this cardiologist which I was referring to.

He was cooking bacon & hamburgers.

One is rated as cargengic as cigarettes & the other is known 

to increase the risk of cardiovascular disease.

Your statement about "most doctors" is ridiculous.  

But you seem to think you're an expert on all sorts of things, so just stick with believing that if it makes you happy.

Honored Contributor

M’kay