Trusted Contributor

Re: Survival Kits for our Law Enforcement Officers

Rather than giving law enforcement candy and office supplies, I suggest you contact you local, state and federal representatives and tell them you are willing to pay more taxes in order to enable them to offer higher pay and better training.
Respected Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:
Rather than giving law enforcement candy and office supplies, I suggest you contact you local, state and federal representatives and tell them you are willing to pay more taxes in order to enable them to offer higher pay and better training.

Let's do both!

Respected Contributor

What a thoughtful sentiment.

I like the idea of printing out the poem and framing it. You could include a basket of goodies with the poem. I'm sure it will be well received 💕
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Very nice idea, but in light of recent events, I doubt the officers would eat anything brought in by the public.

Add your personal information to an attached card, show the card with your ID when you drop it off.  No problem.

Where there's a will, there's a way. 

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

Very nice!!  Whether they eat it or not, it's the thought of it that counts.  A big "Thank You' from my family to all the folks that help protect us everyday.  We owe them our gratitude at the very least!!!

Honored Contributor

bri20 wrote:

I like the idea of printing out the poem and framing it. You could include a basket of goodies with the poem. I'm sure it will be well received 💕

I like that idea, too, @bri20.   Thoughtful thread, @momtochloe.   Thanks!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

I like that idea, too, @bri20.   Thoughtful thread, @momtochloe.   Thanks!

Thank you so much @dooBdoo, it's good to see you posting again!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @momtochloe!   You're a doll!Heart

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova