Respected Contributor

Re: Surveys & Employees/bonuses

[ Edited ]

We contracted with Andersen for the installation of new windows throughout the house.  Time and time again we were told by the workmen that unless we gave them a perfect score in the survey to follow, none of them would receive a bonus.

They did a good enough job, but in truthfulness we could not say it was a perfect experience, e.g., deadlines were missed, some work had to be corrected, etc.  Overall, they did do a good job for us and we would have given honest, decent scores in the survey; however, because of the poor-mouth pleading to lie for a 5-star rating, we avoided the survey altogether.  

Edited to correct an error.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I do not, and never have been, one that believes in giving anyone a bonus.  I could site many different stories where a bonus given, had absolutely nothing to do with one's job performance.

Now I have never worked in the "white collar world", but I have no reason to believe it is any different than my whole working life being in the "blue collar world".  Without a written contract listing the exact numbers or accomplishments of an employee must meet? 

I've found a bonus has more to do with who you know, and much less on what you know and perform.

No way I would tell an untruth for anyone in any type of survey. Yes, I have filled out tons of surveys, and done some face to face and via the telephone. Owners of a company or the "top dog" orders surveys to hopefully help find the problems. Many times this is done to help the customers have a better experience.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

One should always be 100 percent honest in a survey. Remember, people do NOT have to get bonuses. If the employee isn't happy with their base compensation, they can always look for another job. Although I wouldn't do it, I'd be tempted to give somebody a horrible survey result if they tried to pressure me into providing a good one. 

Honored Contributor

I always fill out surveys honestly.  I received less than stellar service recently when I called Discover card to discuss a problem. I received a survey form to fill out about customer satisfaction and I filled it out honestly.  I would have never taken the time to complain about this lady but since they asked....