Super Contributor

Re: Survey on Blogs and Forums

@Effie54 wrote:

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@1tuffcookie wrote:

I hope QVC is reading this thread to see how some appear to be pressuring others to lie in order to "save" the forums.  

The reality is there are more posts in this community to encourage others to buy elsewhere than there are to shop here.  There are lots of comments in the community indicating people don't even watch QVC anymore.  The beauty forum is full of recommendations for products that can't be purchase at QVC, and many times they recommend something less expensive than what QVC is selling.  People aren't allowed to provide honest feedback about hosts and programming if that feedback is considered negative.  Overall, I think it's odd that QVC bothers to finance this community considering what they get in return.

@1tuffcookie There is nothing wrong with offering information about products on other sites.  I understand that  QVC doesn't want us to give direct links.  I for one really enjoy coming here but at the same time do buy a lot.....probably much more than if i didn't come here.

Since you hope that QVC is reading the thread and could possibly shut down the forums I don't see why you bother to come here if it doesn't mean anything to you.  It does mean a lot to many here though.

I've been here for almost 20 years and would be very sorry to see it go.

From a business perspective, I think there's quite a bit wrong with using their funds and manpower on a forum that drives people to other companies.  QVC says they don't want links to other sites, but links continue to get posted (without much consequence), and some links fly under the radar and never get deleted.  

I've also been here a long time (have been shopping with QVC since the 1990's) so I've seen the good and the bad when it comes to programming, hosts, website updates, and forum operation.  Again, I simply hope QVC sees how some people are trying to skew the data.  

I don't see their closing the forums as a bad thing.  Given how so many people have been driven away from here, it may actually improve customer relations and sales to close it.  

@1tuffcookie  These forums are not for everyone. Maybe it's not for you. As for lowering prices by shutting down forums...it wouldn't make a difference. Many posters have left....and it's because of comments that are negative that it happens. Some of us DO want them to continue. 

There are several people who freely tell people what to do and how to think, and I understand that's what's turned off a lot of previous posters.  Of course, a community by nature will feature opposing viewpoints, but I think QVC should consider how all the negativity (for example, members telling other members that perhaps they don't belong here) has a negative impact on their business.

Again, I hope QVC realizes that they only have a certain number of people monitoring this community who are also expected to do other tasks.  I think they would be better served monitoring the livestream chats to increase activity among those who actually watch QVC rather than here in this community where so many have mentioned they don't even watch QVC or shop at QVC anymore.  I also think helping out with the hosts' social media pages would be a great way to focus moderators' time and attention.

Super Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I can only speak for myself.

If the forums go away, QVC will lose at least 90% of my business.  Even for the items I buy here on a regular basis.

Because I come to the forum first every day.  Then I may peruse the rest of the Q site, sometimes to check out something that has been mentioned here.  Sometimes to see if something I use is on special or to check when the next showing may be.  Or just to browse.

If the forum goes, I have virtually no reason to come to the QVC main site alone.  I know that the regulars here are a minority, but how many others would drastically reduce their shopping with no forum?  

QVC has a lot of other problems that keep people from shopping too.  They're going to have to figure out if it's worth it to keep or close the forums.  Or perhaps even revamp them into something more user friendly to draw more people/shoppers in.

I guess we'll see what, if anything, they do.🤷‍♀️

Yes, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what will become of the forums.  I know I'll still shop at QVC and watch QVC if they decide to focus their efforts at building  "community" in another capactiy.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@haddon9   And if they did shut the forums down, would you continue to shop here??  I would guess that a small percentage of customers are on these forums so it may not be worth it to keep them open.

Would love to see QVC cut costs and cut the prices of their items.

You honestly think they'd lower prices if the forums were eliminated, @kaydee50?  Fat chance.

Honored Contributor

I got the pop up yesterday a couple of times - I was in and out of the community.  I answered the questions and said that based on my visit at that time I was not planning on buying anything.   

I had a promotional coupon from the Q that was set to expire at the end of the month so I bought a Tiffany Kay ring today.

Even though I filled out the survey yesterday I was asked again today.  I don't like repeating myself so I ignored it today.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@1tuffcookie wrote:

I hope QVC is reading this thread to see how some appear to be pressuring others to lie in order to "save" the forums.  

@1tuffcookie - I don't see anyone pressuring others "to lie in order to save the forums".

That's a pretty harsh accusation to make about other posters.

You've made it clear that you don't value the forums and that's your prerogative, but from your other comments, you still read a lot?  If you think QVC would do better to not finance them, I'm surprised you would spend time here. 

There are others who do value the forums and would like to see them stay, so they are responding to the survey.

That is not lying.  Just a different opinion from your own.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

@haddon9   And if they did shut the forums down, would you continue to shop here??  I would guess that a small percentage of customers are on these forums so it may not be worth it to keep them open.

Would love to see QVC cut costs and cut the prices of their items.

You honestly think they'd lower prices if the forums were eliminated, @kaydee50?  Fat chance.

I didn't say they WOULD lower prices and have free shipping but as a so-called "shopping" channel, I doubt that these forums add to their bottom line.

Super Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@1tuffcookie wrote:

@1tuffcookie - I don't see anyone pressuring others "to lie in order to save the forums".

That's a pretty harsh accusation to make about other posters.

You've made it clear that you don't value the forums and that's your prerogative, but from your other comments, you still read a lot?  If you think QVC would do better to not finance them, I'm surprised you would spend time here. 

There are others who do value the forums and would like to see them stay, so they are responding to the survey.

That is not lying.  Just a different opinion from your own.

Whatever.  I sure hope you feel better @Venezia

🤣

I think it is dishonest when people are saying they are submitting certain feedback to that survey as an effort to "save" the forums.  

Thank goodness QVC has the ability to track responses and compare those responses to the respondent's order histories. I know they'll see by my order history that I am quite a good customer, and as I mentioned, I'll continue to support QVC whether or not they continue this forum.

Honored Contributor

@1tuffcookie
That would be pretty creepy to take a survey and directly compare it someone’s order history.

Super Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
@1tuffcookie
That would be pretty creepy to take a survey and directly compare it someone’s order history.

QVC tracks our IP addresses, and they have our account information, so I think it would be a great way to test the validity of the survey responses.  Surely, they'll try to verify whether those who said they contacted customer service or made a purchase actually did so.

Trusted Contributor

Hmmm how does someone that says they hardly shop at the Q, become quite a good customer? Doesn’t make any sense. 😳