Respected Contributor

Re: Surprising Encounter at Fast Food Stop

@Foxxee  I agree with you!  Woman Happy

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

Men with long nails is a turn off for me. I would have not said anything I would have got my food and left. Period!

Honored Contributor

I would never dream of telling someone what I personally thought about their nails or makeup or hair. 

It's really none of my business...

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz  I don't blame you one bit for saying something.  I don't know why people's alternate choice in life needs to be shoved down our throats. 

If that's their choice, fine, but do they need to flaunt it?  They know perfectly well that is not the "norm".  They just want attention.  I would have complained to management.  It certainly can't be sanitary, as another poster said.

Please, everyone, don't jump all over me.......this is JMO.

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@patbz  I don't blame you one bit for saying something.  I don't know why people's alternate choice in life needs to be shoved down our throats. 

If that's their choice, fine, but do they need to flaunt it?  They know perfectly well that is not the "norm".  They just want attention.  I would have complained to management.  It certainly can't be sanitary, as another poster said.

@Patriot3 ,

Clearly you are not fine with people who appear out of the norm-whatever that is.  What exactly was he "flaunting"?

Perhaps "flaunt" was a bad choice of words. It means to display ostentatiously.  It sounds to me he was just a kid, working in a fast food place, wearing nail polish.  

Honored Contributor

What surprises me is that you could have such a long and personal conversation with a guy at the take out window.  Around here it's a thank you, we take our food and pay and move on.  

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

How is his "alternate choice" being shoved down our throats? 

He was just doing his job...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i would be thinking that too that he prob spit in my  food/drink!

i would have let him find out for himself about his nails and the waiter job etc.

i am a germophobe too! long nails in certain jobs should not be allowed.

i never offer advice to anyone unless asked. 

Trusted Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

Someone is "shoving it down your throat"  and "flaunting it" by working in a fast food restaurant?  If a woman collected your money at a drive through and had long, polished nails, would you report her to management?   Man, I am glad nothing in my life has made me as close minded and judgemental of other's choices in their life as some on this board.

Esteemed Contributor

I always heard that in Saudi Arabia that the religious police enforced dress codes.  Never thought it happened here.  What mindset can be so righteous?

I am glad I live where we have manners and are free to live as we choose.