Valued Contributor

Supreme Court rules against EPA on power plant regs

THIS time they got it right!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Supreme Court rules against EPA on power plant regs

[ Edited ]

Uh, because you agree with it???? All decisions come with a myriad of opinions.  You win a few; you lose a few.  I'll take the previous two decisions over this one hands down.  Onward and upward in triumph and hope.

Respected Contributor

I'm not familiar with that ruling; the media is still talking about the colorful one. ;-)  I'll make it a point to watch the news tonight to see if it's mentioned.  Your thread will likely be taken down if you elaborate, so I won't ask you to explain.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

It's actually a pretty sad for our children, grandchildren and future generations.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Super Contributor

Now we can`t use the term rainbow?  

Respected Contributor

I wasn't going to gloat about last weeks' rulings, but since P-nut did - Woo hoo !!!

Respected Contributor

It is a sad day when our land, water and air can be polluted without ramifications.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

@Hershey2 wrote:

Now we can`t use the term rainbow?  

I chose not to use it in my post, as it may have been deemed to be political.  No one actually said we can't use it, but I think if someone does in a thread like this, they will be treading on thin ice.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

Yeah, I wish the vote had gone the other way but I'm okay with it.  We can't have everything and they got the most important issues of the day right....whoo hooo indeed. 

Esteemed Contributor

biancardi wrote:

It is a sad day when our land, water and air can be polluted without ramifications.

You may have read in my posts at some time or heard it on cable news, but what Duke Energy did with the coal ash ponds here in NC should have been punishable as a CRIME - but they still have not paid any consequences for it.  They're finally gradually cleaning it up, but if not for a particular female news anchor on a particular cable news channel who did a total expose' over several weeks, nothing would have been done at all... she brought it to the attention of the whole country.  Especially since "Mr" McCrory worked for them for 30 years before getting the job he has now.