Respected Contributor

Supporting Breast Cancer Research.....

I try to buy a few things to help support research. I wanted to let you ladies who love nail polish about a newer brand KL Polish. She has a pink nail polish called Mami Martha and 100% of the profits will be donated to BCRF. 

It is a beautiful pink shade. It sold out its initial stock, so this is a pre-order and will ship by the end of October. I ordered another color from her Fall collection called Cozy In There? It’s a beautiful blue shade, perfect for fall/winter. 

Just thought I would share. 😊

Honored Contributor

Re: Supporting Breast Cancer Research.....

I stay far away from that type of thing.  I have no way of knowing how much or if anything at all goes to the cause.  I prefer to just donate directly and locally.    

Respected Contributor

Way too much goes for administrative costs to the American Cancer Society.  They are far more commited to the big wigs pockets then curing cancer.  I see the NFL has even decided to drop the breast cancer only fund raising and at least acknowledge all cancers.  This is a no go for me.  

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I try to buy a few things to help support research. I wanted to let you ladies who love nail polish about a newer brand KL Polish. She has a pink nail polish called Mami Martha and 100% of the profits will be donated to BCRF. 

It is a beautiful pink shade. It sold out its initial stock, so this is a pre-order and will ship by the end of October. I ordered another color from her Fall collection called Cozy In There? It’s a beautiful blue shade, perfect for fall/winter. 

Just thought I would share. 😊

@wvumountiefan  Net profits are donated, not the full retail price.  I believe it amounts to $2 per bottle being donated.

Still a good cause.  Thanks for the info.  I've never heard of this brand.

Cruelty free, too.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I have had breast cancer.  Research is where it is at, imo!!!  I have done tons of homework.  For the last 10 years the research i honor and respect has come from dr Susan Love.  And wow, she gets great ratings .  I love her research in DCIS, 

I think it is important to do homework, and really look at the charity ratings!!!  A good charity does have a bit of overhead.  If they are reputable and sincere, the books are open for you to look at.  I think a charity with 15% overhead is fair.  Lots of times it is less.  But usually a charity does have to hire some administration.  They do get free advertising, but they do throw events to raise money.  Just my humble opinion

Respected Contributor

I would give anytning I could to the Am. Cancer Society seeming as how that organization paid for my patient responsibility for my chemo therapy given for my lymphoma.  The Lymphoma Society even paid some of my patient responsibility for my chemo even though I carried Federal Blue Cross and I work and make good money.  These are two organizations I will be donating to for a long time to come. . Without them I'd be in debt for years trying to pay those bills off. 

Respected Contributor

I'm glad some of you have gotten help and I pray you are cancer free.  That being said, any organization that pays people to make phone calls to raise money isn't going to get my money.  I know enough friends with cancer that I can directly help with no admin charges.

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan, thank you very much for this information.  You did specifically say that 100% of the profits are donated.  You didn't mention the retail price.  Smiley Happy

Tonight is also QVC's FFANY annual event so I expect there will be the usual complaint threads about the old shoes, overpriced shoes, s/h being too high and some won't like the amount of the donation.  It's always the same.   

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine,   Red Cross is known for Admin. fees first.  I will no longer donate to the Red Cross.  I will give to Salvation Army.

kindness is strength