Respected Contributor

Gratefully, I cannot think of a single soul. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower  Where do you shop?  I'll not venture into your territory.

Related image

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1

Yes!  I ignore supermarkets in general!  Fortunately, my husband doesn't mind grocery shopping!   Good thing, if I had to go, I'd probably be in prison.   Several months ago, I needed one item at Walmart.  I knew exactly which aisle to take to get where that item is located.  Unfortunately, a family ahead of me took up the entire aisle, from one side to the other.  They knew I was behind them, but refused to move aside.  Errrr!  I took another aisle, found what I needed and got out of there ASAP! 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@QVCkitty1

Yes!  I ignore supermarkets in general!  Fortunately, my husband doesn't mind grocery shopping!   Good thing, if I had to go, I'd probably be in prison.   Several months ago, I needed one item at Walmart.  I knew exactly which aisle to take to get where that item is located.  Unfortunately, a family ahead of me took up the entire aisle, from one side to the other.  They knew I was behind them, but refused to move aside.  Errrr!  I took another aisle, found what I needed and got out of there ASAP! 

You would have wanted to scream at the woman I was talking about. She always blocks aisles and just doesn't seem to care.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

This self absorbed person probably never noticed you and if she did, I doubt you matter to her.

After all, she didnt wheel after you to start a conversation.

It sounds to me as though she not only noticed the OP, but also approached her.  I doubt the OP would have cared very much if she had been able to avoid this person.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Well, it happened , I rank to the most negative person I know. I have been known to run the other way when I spy her. I'm not a Pollyanna, but this woman is a dark cloud. She is also a know- it- all  who will park her scooter in the middle of an aisle, completely oblivious to the people around her. I had to laugh, because my number was up  until our next unfortunate meeting. Do you have anyone that you go out of your way to avoid ?

I know how you feel.

There's one woman who I only run into during the summer (when we're at our summer homes).  She talks nonstop about herself, never pausing for a breath, and is not the slightest bit interested in hearing anything about anyone else.  It's always a monologue about her life, her family, her travels. She's not negative (like the person you described), but I hardly know her and I'd much rather have a conversation than be forced into listening to her go on and on and on.  At least ask me how I am!  At least pretend to be semi-interested in me!

I don't usually have a hard time avoiding people if it's not a good time for me, if I'm not in the mood, or whatever, but she's a tough cookie!  With everyone else, I simply hold my phone up to my ear as though I'm having a conversation, or I nicely say hello followed by, "I'm on my way to_________" as I rush off.  I've learned all the tricks, but - as you know - the tough ones can be hard to avoid. :-)