Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Super Saturday - favorite purchase ever?

I confess I've only bought one item from a Super Saturday.  It was a number of years ago, not sure how many.

Harry Slatkin offered a set of two candles in glass containers.  The glass containers are squared off, with a slightly heavier dimension at the corners.  I think it's a very classy look.  

The scents are iced tea and wisteria/lilac.  I still have them as I burn them only a little at a time.  The best part is that the scent is still as lovely as it was the day I opened the package.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Super Saturday - favorite purchase ever?

I like Slatkin candles.  That sounds like a great purchase @GingerPeach Smiley Happy

I haven't had much luck with Super Saturdays.  Often the items I want are sold out by the time I get through to order.  

My favorite QVC fundraiser items came from their annual Shoes on Sale breast cancer benefit in October.  Out of all of those purchases, my fave was a little pair of Birkenstock sandals I bought for my son who was in preschool at the time.  Loved those little shoes!  ♥️

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought the nail polish last year (the same one that was offered this year).....hated it.   I didn't return it because it was for a good cause.

I really think they need better selections for items.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Esteemed Contributor

There were a few interesting items but as they were first offered on the Sandra's facebook page rather than on qvc.com, they sold out early. None of them interested me anyway. What was left was just cosmetics and jewelry that had been languishing in inventory--some for years. Those Rachel Zoe and Robert Lee Morris earrings were both years and years old. For me, this year was a total dud. 

Last year I bought a triple strand of turquoise from Carolyn and it's really lovely. This is the only thing I've ever bought from the Hamptons show; I too have had been luck finding things I liked at Shoes on Sale.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

Last year, I bought a large Dooney nylon tote. I use it almost every weekend.
Respected Contributor

@Sheilaray wrote:
Last year, I bought a large Dooney nylon tote. I use it almost every weekend.

Thank you for reminding me I purchased this too.  I've never used it.  Mine is tan, sand, beige or some neutral color.  I need to start using it tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

In the past I have loved the Alex and Ani bracelets.  They are a huge savings, and the choice is fabulous.  This year I missed out.  Gone.  Yes gone. Sniff.  I am still recovering.

But not well..... I ahve been whining!

Valued Contributor

I use mine ( also tan) as an overnight bag for our summer home. At first. I was unsure of the tan ( everything else sold out). Now I love it. It's unusual but very rich looking. Everyone wants to know where I got it!
Respected Contributor

I received 2 of each of these Vera Bradley clutches today.  I paid $26.67 plus $3.00 shipping.  At Dillards they are $58 plus $8.50 shipping.  They are worth, what I paid but not full price.

No Image Found

No Image Found