Esteemed Contributor

Sunny day, met my BF for lunch, do you get together..

with your BF/friends often. We are both retired, but she travels some and watches a great grandchild a couple days a week, so we don't get together as much as we like.  We talk on the phone and email all the time.

She was widowed shortly before she retired and was diagnosed with cancer within 8 mos. after retiring.  She is doing great and looked beautiful. We agreed we are glad to be retired from the legal biz and out of the rat race, the rats were winning.lol It was nice to get out on a beautiful day and spend time with a great friend. She is a pip.

How often do you see friends?  What do you like to do?

Respected Contributor

Re: Sunny day, met my BF for lunch, do you get together..

yes we do!  we have a standing date for mondays.  it works better for me to have a scheduled day and time.   otherwise, our weeks fly by and we miss each other!  some weeks i am lucky enough to spend TWO afternoons with her!!!  i truly cherish these get togethers because i realize that as we get older, things can change in a blink.  my time with her is as high priority as my time with my fiance and my family. 

Honored Contributor

I go out to dinner pretty much once a week with my BFF and her husband.  We have a favorite restaurant and she and I love Manhattans and our waiter makes the best ones I've ever had.

And I meet my "next-BFF" for lunch once a month. 

Respected Contributor

I had 3 BF’s our group of 4 raised our kids together, dined, had parties and lived close to each other in London and have been friends for over 40 years.

None of us live permanently in London now - and one dear friend has died - but we always met once a year in London - three of us now continuing.  We did once meet in Turkey but hometown is better.

So lovely to meet, compare notes, laugh and share memories - there is nothing like ‘old’ friends they are the best.  Another meeting coming up soon.

Super Contributor

I have a friend from childhood. I had not seen her in a long time but remembered enough info about her to find her on fb. We have bdays that are close together and I remembered the date. When we celebrated a "special" bday I sent her a fb message. We are now friends on fb...it is great. Such a nice friend.

Honored Contributor

Yes I have to get out often with friends! 

Next week is my birthday so I'm going out to a nice lunch with a couple of friends.  I'm also seeing a childhood friend the week after and I have a close friend that still works full time as an elementary school librarian so I get together with her once a month on the weekends.  For my birthday we will do something fun when she finishes school in June.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I can only wish I could do this with my long time bf.  We live 1500 miles away but when I go home it's always my first visit (after GD of course)!  

We we can chat for hours & So enjoy a dinner date!

Honored Contributor

Yes, actually getting together tomorrow....sometimes we shop other times it's just a meal.  There are three plus me....The two girls I have known  since grade school.  The relationship has changed a bit over the years but we are still close.

My other very good friend that lived across the street from me moved away about 2 years ago, I miss her dearly....we had a lot of good laughs over the years and she was a great confidant...I really miss her,

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Since I retired, I seem to do lots of lunches, and I feel very lucky to know people who want to do lunch.  Next week, I am having lunch with a good friend who I have known for over 20 years.  He and I always go to our local diner and spend several hours getting caught up, even though we get together about once a month.

I also have a friend from the Y who I have lunch with several times a year, and I have two good friends from art class and we get together every week for art and then every few months for lunch and sometimes a movie.

I love how this retirement thing is going.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

yes but we like to gp out for a late breakfast/brunch anf then some shopping