Respected Contributor

Re: Sunday afternoon at 4:00

@occasionalrain wrote:

Yes, get fit, wear out your joints from overuse and get knee and hip replacements in the future. I would rather dance and participate in adult activities.

Seriously?  You've never heard of low impact excercises?  If you're wearing your knees and hips out from walking you've got a bigger problem than exercise.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@ncascade wrote:
So many people will say "walking program". What exactly is a "walking program"?

@Group 5 minus 1..You "walk"!...LOL...I love to walk and dance for my cardio exercise, so I do a lot of brisk walking...strolling not allowed...except when warming up and down...I sometimes use hand or wrist weights while walking also...Even when I am running errands, I will deliberately park my car a good distance away and walk to where I am going.

I also love to dance so, if you lived next door to me and were a "peeping tom"...lol...it wouldn't be unusual for you to see me dancing away from room to room to some great music.

A gym is not for me...I love being outdoors when exercising...The weather has to be really very frigid or very hot and humid for me to not go walking...This is when the dancing kicks in some more...It is all actually very natural for me, as I grew up walking to wherever I had to go most of the time and my family loved music and dancing, so I guess you could say it is inbred in me...I don't actually consider it "exercise programs" either...I just love doing both!

When I'm in stores where music is playing, I am the lady that you see doing some "very discreet" dancing moves from rack to rack...aisle to aisle...LOL...It is in my blood and just kicks in automatically!

dancing cat emoticon

@MyShadowLove I loved your entire post!  Smiley Very Happy

Do y'all remember back in the early 90's....Kathy Smith's Walking Program Infomercial?   There were a dozen 30-60 minute cassette of various music genres..and you walked to various beats. Loved those tapes...she was such a good celebrity fitness instructor.  Ever-so-often, I pull out those tapes...still relevant.   I think you can still get that program on MP3 format.  Ck it out. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper...Thanks so much...very nice of you to say!...I had to laugh afterwards because the poster asked a simple question and, after I posted my reply, I noticed that it was four paragraphs!...I was going to try and edit it to make my reply more brief, but I just decided to leave it as is....LOL

@sidsmom...Yes, I do remember Kathy Smith and googled her website when I saw your post...She is looking great and there are several MP3 Audio Workouts available...I will check at our local Barnes & Noble first and see if they have any available in their store...Thanks so much for mentioning her.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove @sidsmom back in my VHS days her tapes were my absolute go to's.  They were always fun, versatile and effective.  I was never bored or frustrated.  I gifted them to a friend that had a VHS player and she loved them to.  I'll have to go check out her newer offerings, thanks for the heads up!