Super Contributor

Is it expensive to live in SCC?  It looks like an awesome place to live. Any thoughts?

Contributor

Re: Sun city center, florida.

Are you speaking of the development outside of Tampa? If so, yes, my parents used to live there and I loved it! They started out as renters (which is a great way to checkit out) and bought a furnished 2 bedroom with lanaii  connected ranch home. So they had a shared driveway with separate garages. My parents were economical people and they had checked out many developments before choosing Sun City Center. I have wonderful memories from visiting them. My mom was always busy going on day trips and meeting up with her new friends at Bridge, water aerobics, painting class. My dad was in love with the pools and they had several from which to choose. Every night there was a great 2 for 1 happy hour at one of the pools. I loved that everyone you saw was friendly and active. It's also a very convenient area. Unfortunately, we had to sell their place a couple of years ago when my father passed and my mom came down with dementia. That's the sad part of living there. People do come and go. We sold their unit for around $120,000. There are many deals to be had there. They didn't have a mortgage on the place but the unit was costing us $1000/month and that included all their utilities and fees. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask me anything!

Honored Contributor
Super Contributor

Thanks Johoro for that info. 1000.00 a month seems like a lot, though. What does that include?

Super Contributor

Thanks tansy.  I love that site. I have it bookmarked on my computer.

i am looking for personal experiences. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a friend who lives there and feels the same way jojoro does.  She loves it.  It is laid out for gold carts so you don't even need a car.  All medical facilities in the area.  They also have a "check in every day" policy if needed.  COL not bad in the general area.   Not far from beaches and wonderful restaurants.

Contributor

Thanks Johoro for that info. 1000.00 a month seems like a lot, though. What does that include?

Not 100% sure. My parents weren't living there anymore and know that it was costing our estate $1000/month to keep the property. I assume it was for taxes, HOA fees, dues,insurance, utilities such as water and electric, cable tv, and a minimal membership that included use of all facilities and pools and clubs, except golf. My parents weren't golfers.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would calll the Sun City Office and see what it includes.  They have a special phone system so it may include all taxes, utilities, HOA, cable TV, lawn service and all amenities.  If so, it would be worth it.