Respected Contributor

Summer or Fall? What's it like in your neck of the woods?

It has been very fall like here in Indiana.  Dry too.  As you all know, I'm very frugal and haven't had the house air conditioner on all summer (my electric bills reflect it too!).  If it's hot, I take the doggies down to our walk out basement for the day.  This whole week I've been upstairs with windows all open and it has been lovely.  No mowing because with no rain grass isn't growing.  I like a little more rain this time of the year because when it doesn't rain and I mow the dust kicks up a bit.  Putting window air conditioner back in bedroom for nighttime tomorrow as it will be getting back up to high 80s all of next week.  Maybe I'll get my storage room painted this week.  Hope you are enjoying your weather. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Summer or Fall? What's it like in your neck of the woods?

It's a beautiful. cool morning in SW Michigan. Temps in the mid 50's, so there's whining about it being "cold" but we should hit 80 later this afternoon. If it stayed like this most of the year I'd be thrilled. By mid week it'll be more summer like, and then we'll hear the whining about it being too warm. I can certainly do without the TV weather people telling me to "open those windows, turn off the A/C!" or "make sure you take a jacket". I'm an adult. I can figure that out for myself. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

It's a beautiful. cool morning in SW Michigan. Temps in the mid 50's, so there's whining about it being "cold" but we should hit 80 later this afternoon. If it stayed like this most of the year I'd be thrilled. By mid week it'll be more summer like, and then we'll hear the whining about it being too warm. I can certainly do without the TV weather people telling me to "open those windows, turn off the A/C!" or "make sure you take a jacket". I'm an adult. I can figure that out for myself. 

@FrostyBabe1 - it was down in 50s here this morning too.  There was a smell like someone had their fireplace going last night - seriously?  I had my windows wide open enjoying the cool air.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in central NJ and the weather here is still muggy and in the low 80's. For the past few weeks it has been cooler in the morning and in the evening which is nice. I always hated the summer even as a kid. To me there is nothing to like about living in the AC for three months and the bugs and flies. I do like that our kids are around more but, they are itching to go back to school. I have a tree in my backyard that blooms with pretty pink flowers when they fall off that tree I know fall is just around the corner. Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Central Texas here.  100+ all week with some humidity for good measure.  Would love some of your Michigan weather!

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

This summer has been very wet here. We've not had more than two or three days in a row that we didn't get rain, and it has made it really hard to keep up with the grass. It still looks like early spring, everything is so lush and green. We have some very low lying areas and they are usually dry and easy to get the tractor into by early July, but still wet in mid August this year. FRUSTRATING!

We've had some warm temps mixed with some nice weather, some humidity, and some cool nights, the general mix for Ohio in the summer. Last week or so has been high in the 70's and low 80's, low humidity and reduction in storms....just the way summer should always be! LOL

I don't feel fall here in any way yet though. And really don't want to for at least a month and a half.

Respected Contributor

Mid-Michigan: nice and cool in the mornings (low 50s), then it warms up--but not too much.

In other words--IT'S PERFECT!

Valued Contributor

Still summer in central Georgia with lots of rain and high temperatures, which means mowing more often than usual.  ☹️ I'm really looking forward to fall, but that probably won't happen here until November.

Honored Contributor

We're expecting to get to 90 degrees in Atlanta today. It's 75 now, at 8:45. 

So still summer for us and it will be for quite some time yet. And that makes me happy. I don't care for the cold weather at all. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@apple1964  I could have written your post as I also live in central NJ and hate the summer/heat/humidity!  Can't wait for the fall and cool, crisp weather.  I don't mind the winter either...love a fire crackling in the fireplace, baking something in the oven and like watching a pretty snowfall..  

@apple1964 wrote:

I live in central NJ and the weather here is still muggy and in the low 80's. For the past few weeks it has been cooler in the morning and in the evening which is nice. I always hated the summer even as a kid. To me there is nothing to like about living in the AC for three months and the bugs and flies. I do like that our kids are around more but, they are itching to go back to school. I have a tree in my backyard that blooms with pretty pink flowers when they fall off that tree I know fall is just around the corner. Woman Very Happy

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!