Honored Contributor

Re: Summer or Fall? What's it like in your neck of the woods?

Southern edge of WV has enjoyed temps in the low to mid 70's for about 10 days, as we enjoy the occasional pop-up shower.   Chance of showers stay around all week, and forecasters predict 80's again on Thursday.  

Snakes are everywhere in this area right now, and you don't have to go looking for them.   We've had issues for many years with ring necked blacksnakes around our front porch; my husband stomped and killed 4 of them within minutes a few days ago.   Our dogs have also killed several of these snakes.  Mom has a 4 ft black snake hanging around the area where she dumps her stove ashes.   My cousin was bitten on the leg by a 3 ft king snake while mowing her grass last week.    

Honored Contributor

Western NC has low 60-70's in the morning right now, then we're going to 80-85.  Usually, we're in the mid 90's in July.  It's been a more gentle summer.

Related image

Honored Contributor

I live in NYC and the weather hasn't been too bad this Summer. We have gotten quite a bit of rain which is okay with me, I don't have to water my lawn and I save money on my water bill! Also my lawn isn't brown, it hasn't been too hot, maybe only 1 or 2 heatwaves which is fine by me. I look forward to the Fall but not the Winter!

Honored Contributor

CA's Central Coast is cool, overcast and foggy during calender summer. It's after 11 am and the sun's not out 6 mi from the beach.

Our "summer" weather comes in very late August/September into October. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gulf Coast here.  It'll be very hot and humid at least through September, then slightly less hot and humid in October.  In November it will still be warm, but if we're lucky there will be a few cool days.  Very pleasant weather, either way.  December could be just like November, or an actual cold front or two could move in for a few days.  We've had balmy Christmases, with dinner on the patio, and icy cold Christmases with snow and frozen pipes.  Then in January and February we have our version of Winter, which is actually very nice.  March means Spring for us - glorious weather.

Right now, it's HOT, HOT, HOT!  Oh, and did I mention that it's HUMID?  lol

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

PHX...........we had rain this morning, so it's a little "cool" today.   95° at 1:30 p.m.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

Southeast Arizona, hot and humid!

Respected Contributor

South Central Texas. Triple digits. A/C running non-stop. Staying inside so I don't spontaneously combust. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Western NC has low 60-70's in the morning right now, then we're going to 80-85.  Usually, we're in the mid 90's in July.  It's been a more gentle summer.

Related image

That's beautiful @ECBG

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Summer