@Desertdi  Is that a margarita pie?

@On It    Key lime.....but I would take a margarita pie, too!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@On It wrote:

@Desertdi  Is that a margarita pie?

@On It    Key lime.....but I would take a margarita pie, too!    di

They look exactly alike except for that special ingredient in the margarita one. There is a restaurant in San Antonio called Alamo Cafe that serves the best margarita pie.

Valued Contributor

Re: Summer Treat

[ Edited ]

Fresh baked brownie with vanilla bean ice cream 

Honored Contributor

I don't really care too much for ice cream.  I prefer Italian water ice...Lemon, please.

I remember staying at my Aunt's place in Philadelphia when I was really young.  My cousin and I would get an ice every  day.  Orange for him and lemon for me.  5 cents for one scoop and 7 cents for two scoops.

Respected Contributor

I'm willing to bet no one's heard of "tiger tail" as an ice cream flavor but I tried it when I was in Canada years ago and loved it! It's orange-flavored ice cream (not ice milk or sherbet) with ribbons of black licorice syrup running through it, giving it the "tiger tail" coloring. Absolutely delicious (if you love black licorice)!

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

I'm willing to bet no one's heard of "tiger tail" as an ice cream flavor but I tried it when I was in Canada years ago and loved it! It's orange-flavored ice cream (not ice milk or sherbet) with ribbons of black licorice syrup running through it, giving it the "tiger tail" coloring. Absolutely delicious (if you love black licorice)!

@Texasmouse 

I want this.

Ice cream tub art! – Nathaniel Christopher

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Let's see, my favorite ice cream goodie summer treat.

Gotta be either Haagen Daaz or Ben & Jerry's.  Hmmmm, and the winner is:

Ben & Jerry's Chunkey Monkey - light banana ice cream, with large chunks of dark chocolate and large chunks of walnuts.  It's very hard to scoop out of the container at first, but when it starts to melt just a tiny bit, its so yummy, makes me cry its SO GOOD!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Valued Contributor
Dairy Queen Buster Bars or Buster Parfaits
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Let's see, my favorite ice cream goodie summer treat.

Gotta be either Haagen Daaz or Ben & Jerry's.  Hmmmm, and the winner is:

Ben & Jerry's Chunkey Monkey - light banana ice cream, with large chunks of dark chocolate and large chunks of walnuts.  It's very hard to scoop out of the container at first, but when it starts to melt just a tiny bit, its so yummy, makes me cry its SO GOOD!!

@jellyBEAN , Chunky Monkey is delicious, but my Ben & Jerry's of choice is  Phish Food. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I love homemade ice cream.  We had a dairy that made small batch ice cream and in late summer they had cantaloupe ice cream.  It was delicious.  Unfortunately it is now nothing but tract houses were the dairy used to be.