Respected Contributor

Ouch.  I've been ambushed a couple of times myself.  Hurts like crazy.  For some reason we've had an influx of yellowjacket hornets the last couple of years.  Last year was crazy.  I put out traps and had to change  them out every 3 days.  I caught hundreds.  I used all kinds of sprays and it didn't deter them.  This year I haven't seen very many, but it just started to get hot and that's when they show up.  One year they were getting in my house and I couldn't figure out why.  I did a lot of searching for holes.  I'd suck them up with the vacuum in the kitchen window.  Then one day I turned on the kitchen vent fan in the ceiling and it wasn't working.  So I stood under it and looked up and suddenly the blades popped open and there was a big ole' hornets nest in my kitchen vent.  I did get stung my one while I was working in the kitchen.  It snuck up on me.  Had to get up on the roof and wrap the vent with window screen so they couldn't come back.

Esteemed Contributor

OMGSmiley Surprised I cannot imagine your discomfort right now. A good old fashioned ice pack should offer some relief also. I hope you are on the mend real soon Smiley Happy

~~~All we need is love Heart

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

My granddaughter was in Phoenix 3 hours away & got stung by a scorpion.  Had to stop at emergency half way home because her arm went numb & vision got blurry.  Witnin 2 minutes she got 2 shots and an rx for an epi-pen which she now has to carry.  The scorpion fell off her overnight bag when she got home.

Contributor

I bought Chiggerex off the shelf at Wal-Mart in the first aid aisle.  The itching from chigger bites is more intense than any mosquito bite.  I read online that chigger bites are not dangerous, but you will spend three nights in h*ll.  That seems to hold true.  Chiggers like to hang out in tall grass, especially near water.

Regular Contributor

That is just awful..Bee stings are the worst and where you got it, had to hurt like crazy. We were at a wedding on Saturday and I got stung by a bee on my neck.It was an outside wedding and I was so hot. I thought that it was sweat dripping but it was actually a yellow jacket. My husband got the stinger out and it didn't swell so I figured I was ok.. Then on Monday I woke up to a welt where the sting was. It also gad started to itch.. I took Bendrayl. This morning its just about gone.. I hope that yours is better too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Summer Stings

[ Edited ]

Growing up, we got eaten alive by chiggers when we went to my grandmas house in the summer; she lived by a creek and we always played outside. She painted our legs with Chigger-rid...it looked like clear nail polish and boy did it sting! She put a small oscillating fan aimed at our legs so it didn’t sting so much. Memories.

i read that chiggers burrow into your skin and die...isn’t that a nice thought?

Honored Contributor
Benedryl extra strength anti itch cream is the best...I just stocked up on another large tube...the
“no see-ums” are already starting to be a problem.