Honored Contributor

Re: Summer 2019 Is Going to Be Extra Hot and Humid, According to 'Farmers' Almanac'

@grandma r wrote:

Thanks for sharing!!!!

I will deal with the heat!!!!  I'm in PA and we have had tornado warnings and hail.  Yesterday, today, and tomorrow;  high winds, heavy, rain, hail, and scattered tornados (EF2).  This is new for our area.  Today the warnings started 20 minutes after the storm passed us!!!

@grandma r  I was watching the news about the warnings for PA last night😮 That must be so scary!  I just do not think I could deal with that kind of weather.  How do you cope?

Honored Contributor

Re: Summer 2019 Is Going to Be Extra Hot and Humid, According to 'Farmers' Almanac'

That must be why I like autumn. 60's and it is rarely humid.

Super Contributor

Summers are always the same here...60's with a chance of sunshine.

If it actually reaches 70 all the locals think they're roasting!

This PNW coast is the only place we've lived where you put clothes ON to go to the beach.

Enjoy your hot summer everywhere else...I'll be here in my hoodie

Honored Contributor

I'll believe it when it happens.  I hope we have a nice hot summer.  Summer heat doesn't bother me since everything and everywhere I go is air conditioned.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in Arizona and after 110 it doesn’t matter any more. Hot is hot. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden   this crazy weather is pretty new for our area.  Summers can get hot and humid with pop up thunder storms.  Tornados are a whole new thing!!!!!  Our mulch beds looked like it snowed on them today!!!  Right now the temp is in mid 60's and it's nice outside.  Crazy!!!!  No one understands why we are in this weather pattern.  Not too much snowbthis year, but, lots of rain, and now, this mess!!!  We are very lucky;  some towns were hit much harder.

I just pray the weather gets back to normal

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I live in Arizona and after 110 it doesn’t matter any more. Hot is hot. 

@Meowingkitty  And then, add in The Monsoon and a couple of dust storms.........di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

The hotter and more humid the better for me! We're buying a new boat and I can't wait to get out on our lake enjoying my favorite time of the year...Summer!!

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 

I've often thought if I could just embrace the heat and humidity I would learn to love this time of year.

It hasn't happened yet Cat LOL

I'm in Southern Maryland and summer is almost always humid and mostly hot.

Mostly, I just get tired of feeling sweaty when outside.

Enjoy your new boat!

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty 

I cannot imagine that kind of heat.

I'm assuming folks stay inside when it is that hot.  

We get high 90s here in Maryland, and with humidity, it's wretched.  Even that feels like the hinges of He11 to me.