Esteemed Contributor

Sumatra Lilies as holiday Hostess gift

For those who love Sumatra Lilies  with their  deep crimson blooms , Flowerbud  is offering   them at a sale  price of $74  for 10 stems  with each stem usually bearing  3  subtly exotic blossoms.  These  bunches usually sell for $99    and are now on sale for $74 . I  buy these  each yr to take  as Host gifts  for ThanksGiving dinner and  Christmas. You can even break up the 10 stems  and add  additional  filler flowers to make for 2 bouquets  to take as 2  different gifts. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Sumatra Lilies as holiday Hostess gift

While lilies are beautiful, they are deadly to cats, even the pollen, poinsettias are harmful too. I thought you'd want to know.

Esteemed Contributor

I love lilies and appreciate your sharing that @skatting44Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I love lilies and appreciate your sharing that @skatting44Smiley Happy

Thanks, they are a good company to  do business with.  I have ordered from them for atleast 10 yrs  . They did change hands abt 1-2 yrs ago but they   are still good . In the past I  purchased the wedding  pkg of Stargazer lillies   for a family event , everyone was  awed by the beauty and  quality  of the lilies.   However , there are various times when  the quality of the Stargazer is better than  other times. Customer service were helpful to me .  If you are dissatisfied in any way they make  good on it .  I had lilies delivered one yr in February as a gift from someone else and neither my Husband or I were home till  hours later that  evening.  The company sent me new lilies as replacement .

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

While lilies are beautiful, they are deadly to cats, even the pollen, poinsettias are harmful too. I thought you'd want to know.

Thanks for the info . 

Honored Contributor

I had no idea those plants were harmful to cats, I've had lilies and poinsettias at holiday time for years and thank goodness my cats never went near them.

Trusted Contributor

I recently learned that many people are allergic to Lilies, so it's something to think about before gifting. I didn't realize this and have gifted these before.