Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Sully going to Walter Reed Military Medical Center

@KatieB

Thank you so much for this!  I wondered how he was doing.

I knew Sully would need some time to be acclimated to his new work.  Huge move from a private home on a large ranch to a huge medical facility in a big city.  He has a large task ahead of him, hope he will eventually get back to working with one person, but for now he will be going from assignment to assignment fairly quickly.  

This can be hard, and I surely send him the Best Of Wishes!  ♥️🦴🌟🐕😍

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Dog will do just find and perhaps enjoyable cuz many hands will be petting him.  No need for ............drama...........animals don't really  'think' like humans.  My dog enjoyed time with visiting kids vs just being home with me.  (run and chase)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

Dog will do just find and perhaps enjoyable cuz many hands will be petting him.  No need for ............drama...........animals don't really  'think' like humans.  My dog enjoyed time with visiting kids vs just being home with me.  (run and chase)

@fthunt

Was your post addressed to me?

If so, a private home on a large private ranch, working with one person, is obviously quite different from a huge hospital in a city, working with many.  

Just a fact.

No drama at all.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe  I'm glad I saw this article too - I was wondering how he was doing too. 

What got me in the article was the fact that he will get to wear his presidential vest so people will know who he is (by President Bush's request)....  Loved that part...

Esteemed Contributor

I thought this post was about Captain "Sully" Sullenberger, the airline pilot who miraculously landed on the Hudson River and saved every passenger and crew member. Thankfully, he's not going to the hospital. 

But I love canine Sully too! 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad to see young Sully will be servicing, and reaching out to many, instead of one. He seems to be a beautiful old soul, knowing he can help and heal many. There's nothing in this world that matches the love, loyalty and devotion of a dog.

Honored Contributor

I was quietly wishing the Bush family would adopt Sully.  Dogs are very loyal and love their people.  I am sad that he won't be with his family.  My heart goes out to Sully.

Frequent Contributor

A wise Man President Bush Was.  He knew that Sully was Trained to Serve and what better way was with Wounded Vets.  These Wonderful Dogs are in Great Need.

Honored Contributor

@KatieB,

I will NEVER forget this picture. Thank you!