Respected Contributor

Sully honors his late owner, President George H.W. bush:

sully (1).jpg

Here's the story:

https://myfox8.com/2019/05/28/sully-the-service-dog-honors-his-late-friend-george-h-w-bush-with-a-be...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sully Honors his Late Owner

Nice photo, but dogs can't read.

Someone had Sully sit there for a photo op.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

This same photo was posted yesteday.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

That was good of him.

Honored Contributor

UPDATE:

Sully is now helping Veterans at Walter Reed Military Center.

He is probably very well-loved and appreciated there.

Wishing all Veterans well.    Heart   Sully, too!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Sully would appreciate living with his family...the Bush's.  I feel sad for Sully.  Dogs love and are loyal to their families.  Yes, he is doing service and I'm sure it is appreciated, but it is not home.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
@phoenixbrd wrote:

Sully would appreciate living with his family...the Bush's.  I feel sad for Sully.  Dogs love and are loyal to their families.  Yes, he is doing service and I'm sure it is appreciated, but it is not home.  

@phoenixbrd 

That may be true, but I do know that service dogs are moved around quite a bit when they are being trained.  I used to work with a guy who was one stop on the service dog training program.. This is in NC and at least three of the dogs in training left and went on to other states to continue their training programs..  So I don't know if they ever get 'attached' the same as they would if they continually stayed with one family...   

Esteemed Contributor

@KatieB wrote:
@phoenixbrd wrote:

@phoenixbrd 

That may be true, but I do know that service dogs are moved around quite a bit when they are being trained.  I used to work with a guy who was one stop on the service dog training program.. This is in NC and at least three of the dogs in training left and went on to other states to continue their training programs..  So I don't know if they ever get 'attached' the same as they would if they continually stayed with one family...   

Sully is a young dog and only with President Bush about 6 months.  Service dogs will typically spend the rest of their lives with the same person, even after they are retired.  However given the time and expense invested in the dog and the short amount of time he was with President Bush,it is not suprising they found him a new assignment. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.