Trusted Contributor

Suggestions for giving away Cherished Teddies figures

I have a rather large collection (100+) of Cherished Teddies resin figures. I would like to purge them from my home, but am not sure of the best way to do that.

I do not want to sell them. I would like to give them away, whether individually or the whole collection.

I have thought of donating them to a charitable organzation or a church or something like that for a rummage sale.  Maybe a children's hospital?

I have thought of putting an ad on Craigslist or one of the many free stuff pages on Facebook. 

I have all the corresponding boxes.

Any thoughts?

teddies 2.jpgteddies 1.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions for giving away Cherished Teddies figures

[ Edited ]

Very cute. Maybe now, COVID19, isn't the best time for give aways. Touching, contact with objects is not something people want to do unless they know it's safe.

Honored Contributor

If you have a local church  or other organization that has garage sales, etc ( my area is doing garage sales) I would think they would be willing to take your collection off your hands.

Respected Contributor

Our local Ronald McDonald House has a huge sale once a year. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

Donate to a thrift store.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@madzonie wrote:

I have a rather large collection (100+) of Cherished Teddies resin figures. I would like to purge them from my home, but am not sure of the best way to do that.

I do not want to sell them. I would like to give them away, whether individually or the whole collection.

I have thought of donating them to a charitable organzation or a church or something like that for a rummage sale.  Maybe a children's hospital?

I have thought of putting an ad on Craigslist or one of the many free stuff pages on Facebook. 

I have all the corresponding boxes.

Any thoughts?

teddies 2.jpgteddies 1.jpg

probably easiest would be a FAcebook group, box up the entire collection and sell/offer it as a lot --- if you do it one by one or offer them individually they will make you nuts 

Honored Contributor

I also have a large collection. 

I think they are not resin. I think that resin = plastic.

I see many at Goodwill for around $2.00.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

Two options that came to my mind are:

~ Give to an organization that does auctions to raise money. You know the kind that puts baskets together of items donated from local businesses that people bid on.

~ Take to a local hospital's maternity ward and ask the nurses to let the new moms choose one to take home (maybe type up a 'congrats' note to include).

Honored Contributor

2 Weeks ago, DD took over 100 Beanie Babies, still with tags and never played with, to our local Ronald McDonald House.

She was unsure if they would accept them, due to possible Covid exposure.

Let me tell you, they were ECSTATIC to receive them, saying they had decontamination methods available, but people were assuming they weren't taking donations and had stopped donating.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Our humane society has a thrift store where 100% of the money raised from selling donations goes to the animals. When we moved and downsized I donated lots of collectibles, china, crystal and boxes of Christmas ornaments that I purchased from QVC. It felt good to let go of these items and the thrift store was thrilled with the donation.