Esteemed Contributor

Re: Suggestions for digital camera $250.

@SouthernBee

I own the Nikon coolpix and I LOVE it.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Valued Contributor

Most Panasonic camers have zeiss lenses -- some of the best around.  If you want a pocket cameera - look at those but also consider your phone, especially if you plan to shoot most photos in auto mode.

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for digital camera under $150.

I asked Apple for help. They indicated I needed  the iPad camera kit and the 30- pin to USB cable to share photos.

Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom: I am no tech person. I have managed to take a few photos. Read the manual but still confused on some of the options but not bad for 62 year old. Thanks. SouthernBee

Esteemed Contributor

@SouthernBee

Enjoy!  There quite a few features that are fun.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee, i-devices do not have card slots. That's why you need the Apple card reader, as I suggested previously. I mentioned the lightning connector but I'm sure there is a 30-pin one as well. It's very easy, and lightning fast.

Plug one end into iPad. Take the SD card out of the camera and put it in the other end of reader. Open All Photos on your iPad. Within seconds the photos on the card will appear on your iPad.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde: Thank you, I appreciate all your help. Apple verified they had the 30- pin adapter and that's what I ordered. You have been very kind. Love your step by step information.Southern Bee

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

So happy I could help, @SouthernBee!

I love taking photos and using Photoshop Express on my iPad but even though my camera has wi-fi, the wi-fi transfer from all brands of cameras always gets a lot of complaints. Many steps and kinda slow even with good wi-fi. I was frustrated. But with the card reader it takes only seconds. Brilliant solution. Enjoy!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

get the Dropbox app -- you can load photos to Dropbox from the iPad and get them on your computer.

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

I have Apple Iphone and it takes great pictures, but if you want to print and blow pictures up , no cell phone will give you the quality that a good camera will. If you don't blow your pictures up and print them , you will be  ok with cell.

If you want to make normal sized prints, a good fairly recent IPhone will sure do the job!  Send some to a local store like CVS, Walgreens, WalMart or the like and print some pics from it and see if you think the quality it ok.